“Fabulous,authentic Spanish food!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Traditional Spanish Tapas Restaurant from across South of Spain. Really friendly environment.
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Fabulous,authentic Spanish food!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ate at El Quijote last night and had a fantastic meal. We shared several tapas, then had a main each. I had the Iberian pork which I have to say was the tastiest pork I have ever eaten! It was cooked to perfection (slightly pink) and so juicy.The menu is quite small but everything is cooked fresh to order and very authentic.There were quite a few Spanish people there, a good sign I think. Quite a small restaurant, so I would advise booking. The staff were really friendly and helpful. All in all a fabulous experience.

• Visited February 2013

Edinburgh
“Delicious Spanish Food in a Neighbourhood Restaurant”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

El Quijote is a Spanish gem of a restaurant in the middle of Edinburgh. My husband and I have eaten there often since it opened. The dishes are authentic, uncomplicated and made from the best of ingredients - a far cry, in my opinion, from the "tapas bar chains" that abound. Customers get a wonderful, friendly welcome from Maria and her staff. The restaurant is cosy and has a great atmosphere. Prices are reasonable and the menu has been recently updated. The wine list offers some very palatable choices. We like the restaurant so much that we have introduced a number of friends to it. Without exception, they feel the same way about it as we do.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BillandJill
global traveller
“Very thoughtful looking after a large group”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Organised a christmas lunch and the group opted for tapas so I was really pleased to take them to el quijote where I'd had a lovely meal previously. The booking and communication was very good and the restaurant flexible about our needs (veggies/paying for drinks separately etc). The food was delicious and well presented and I would definitely arrange to go back with a group in the future.

(Just a note - this is a pretty authentic spanish restaurant, not a chain like some others)

• Visited December 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Spanish Food in Edinburgh”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Fabulouse little Spanish restaurant which could easily be missed. Small but fantasic menu offering traditional Spanish dishes. Very reasonably priced and the staff are very welcoming and friendly. We regularly visit with our young children who are also very welcomed. A very relaxed, enjoyable experience.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Spanish restaurant in Edinburgh”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Cosy and authentic. I'm spanish and I've been living in Edinburgh for a while.I've been to El Quijote a few times and I can sincerely say it feels just like been back home. So looking forward to going back.

• Visited February 2012