“pho good!!!”

Ranked #155 of 2,505 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Vietnam House opened in Edinburgh during 2011 and is Edinburgh's first Vietnamese restaurant. We focus upon providing deliciously healthy and authentically prepared Vietnamese food in an in informal environment that we hope you will enjoy. As a family run business, we care about your dining experience with us and will make your time with us enjoyable. We specialise in the Vietnamese national dish, Pho, which is a simple uncomplicated but tasty and nutritious noodle soup, that can be enjoyed all year round. We also offer other traditional Vietnamese dishes and cook with fresh local produce and authentically sourced spices to give you the "real" taste of Vietnam.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“pho good!!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

this was my first exeprinece of veitnamese and pho,after hearing my girlfriend and friends going on about it for so long,i was not dissappointed.the fresh spring rolls for starter were exactly what they say,fresh!the beef pho we had was yummy but what stole the show for me was the vietnamese coffee at the end of the meal,this was seriously good!and the way it is served adds to the experience.the staff are attentitive without being in your face and the food was served reasonably quickly.it is just a small place and we just went for lunch,i believe the dinner menu serves bigger portions,which would suit me better so will no doubt be back!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Steve D

• Polish first
“Pretty good not amazing”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Pretty good spring rolls, but noodle soup is just ok, I had better noodle soup, service is good, little hard to find

Northern Ireland
“Little hidden gem”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food was fresh and authentic, definitely a must visit. Being a local in Edinburgh I like to find somewhere that I know I can get a very reasonable priced meal approx £25-30 per couple include starter to share and main with drinks! It had recently refurbished but haven't been in since hopefully the dame helpful waitress and good food!

1 Thank nuttynikki_123
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Vietnam in Scotland”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Pho a few times now (sit down and take away), and it still delivers authentic Vietnamese food. The menu is simple but tasty and the Vietnamese coffee is a must. It's bring your own bottle too, which is always a welcome extra; having said that, the bill is very cheap as it is - £30 for two people average. They've recently expanded from one room to two, but it's still better to book in advance. The staff is friendly and the place is cosy, with lovely paintings on the walls (on sale too).
For something different, I would definitely recommend it!

1 Thank Trixter76
“Thank goodness for the upsize”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This place used to occupy the tiny shopspace just next door and that meant it was often difficult to get a table. Thankfully, they've taken over a larger space with some pretty funky-artsy decor. The food remains as tasty as before, with no change in the prices as far as I can tell. The soup base for the pho is pretty addictive. Shame about the portion-size, which I think could use the some upsizing too. All that said and done, it's still one of my go-to places when looking for some quick, tasty grub.

• Visited February 2013