“Gluten free scone”

Mimi's Bakehouse
Ranked #3 of 34 Bakeries in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edinburgh
“Gluten free scone”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The salad I had was amazing but the gluten-free scone was grim. Please consider revising the recipe for this. Jamie Oliver's (from his website) is the best I have tried so far.

• Visited May 2014

• Greek first
Lancashire, UK
“Yummy breakfast and great coffee ”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We stopped her for breakfast as we stayed room only at the nearby malmaison. We were really impressed And had a lovely breakfast. It wasn't too busy as it was a Friday morning so our food was served very quickly. I chose the French toast with bacon and my husband went for the minis breakfast. It's not the cheapest but we felt value for money with the quality of the service and food. I would love to return to sample the cakes!

1 Thank annie_is_lovely
Derby, United Kingdom
“Delightful treat”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The design is very funky. Retro but not chintzy. The clientele this afternoon were mainly yummy mummy. I can see why they come here very friendly, good coffee and the cake delicious and 'home'made, I chose mango and coconut chocolate brownie.

• Visited July 2014
“Best Desserts in Edinburgh!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We loved these desserts in this cute bakery. There are two locations, one on the Royal Mile and one by the water. Check it out for afternoon tea and dessert.

Visited June 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Huge, delicious cakes & lovely service”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I've been to Mimi's a couple of times now and I just loooooove their cakes! Beware though, the size of a slice of cake for one person is absolutely huge! I had to share it with my boyfriend and we hardly made it! Last time I was there I also tried the food and it was again huge portion and delicious!

I love the unique style of Mimi's and how it's always buzzing with people. Must try!

Helpful hint: If you're planning on visiting during the weekend, booking a table is a must!

• Visited July 2014