“Eating out for coeliacs”
Review of Mimi's Bakehouse

Mimi's Bakehouse
Ranked #3 of 36 Bakeries in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Visited Mimi's in August and was so nice to be able to enjoy a sandwich which looked and tasted as good as my friends. Usually when I am out for lunch I am offered a baked potato, a plain salad or a cookie. I can thoroughly recommend Mimi's .

There are newer reviews for Mimi's Bakehouse

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Recently popped in to Mimi's for a bite to eat. Be sure to book as we waited 45 minutes for a table. A good sign though, as it was very busy.

I had a nice lunch with my friend, which was quickly delivered to our table, but sans beverages. We waited a good while after food before they came. Food itself was nice, was not too keen on the dressing on the salad though but my friend enjoyed it.

I did have a couple of issues with my visit though. One, my scone was quite tasteless and actually had a burnt toast flavour. Not what I expected at all. And two, we had to wait 20 minutes to catch someone's eye to pay, which ok they were very busy but we sat for some time, feeling quite uncomfortable. The prices are quite high end for what you are getting too. Slightly overpriced in my opinion.

I may return for tea and a different type of cake in the future.

1  Thank Lola H
Reviewed November 8, 2012

If cakes are your thing, you must try here. Was was recommended by a friend, and i can understand why! A great selection too -was difficult to know what to choose!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The food is ace - whether you are going for savoury pies or for a splurge on cake or other baked treats. Well priced and always busy - you need to book! One of my favourite places to go for a treat in Edinburgh, plus they do take away. Trying not to overindulge is fruitless - you have been warned!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

my friend brought me for lunch here after hearing rave reviews and i am so glad she did. it is a small but diverse menu. we shared fish cakes and also an afternoon tea platter as we couldnt decided what to go for. the service was great but to tell you the truth we didnt notice as we were too busy enjoying the food. the fish cakes were delicous. And the tea amazing,perfect sandwiches and dont know where to start on the cakes, bite size scones that melted in your mouth, tasty millionaires short bread and rock road, cup cakes and meraguine, simply devine!