On the positive side check in was most efficiently done. Special mention of the lady who was most helpful when I came down later to ask about internet connection, saying she would get me complementary access coz I was a loyal client. But at checkout time, it was a different lady who remarked that that should never have been allowed and that she would take it up a a training issue! However she honoured the offer made to me and did not charge me even though I did say that she could, if she wished.
Breakfast was sumptuous and the staff who waited at the tables were very attentive and helpful.
And when I asked if I would have a Bible, one was immediately produced! Thank you.
The Holiday Inn hotels are almost cloned with no scope for variation in lay out and structure, usually. But on this occasion I was struck by the lack of space. Often when I use the Holiday Inn, it is usually when I am travelling alone for work. That may well be the explanation... But this time my wife was there too, making for a very cramped existence. We stayed at this hotel for two nights and there was minimal space for two people to move without colliding, unless you both slide sideways. Being a Gold Priority Club Card member (their loyalty programme), I did ask if I would be upgraded. but I got the standard answer - they were fully booked. That is always so and one wonders if there is any point in loyalty!
Another problem we had relates to the bathroom, which was exceedingly small. The shower actually functioned as a sprinkler at best. The bath towels have shrunk in size and were actually frayed! These deserve attention even if this was only a three star hotel and I hope the management will take cognisance of this review and perhaps fix the things that can be remedied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle in to one of our 101 modern guest bedrooms at the Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West. Located over 7 floors and tastefully decorated throughout, our bedrooms in Edinburgh offer splendid views over Leith port, Edinburgh Castle or the scenic Pentlands Hills.Our rooms have recently received the new look Holiday Inn treatment and been revitalised with new bedding, soft furnishings and our unique pillow menu offering a choice of fillings and comfort levels to ensure that you get a great night’s sleep.The Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West hotel offers you an excellent base for exploring the famous city of Edinburgh, located only 1.5 miles from Edinburgh's bustling city centre and a mere 2 miles from the world famous Edinburgh Castle! Leave your car in our complimentary car park and hop on a bus to the city centre, it only takes 10 minutes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Scotland