“worn out at the end”

and up
City Of Edinburgh Helicopter Tour
Ranked #1 of 413 things to do in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Arthur's Seat is one of four hill forts, dating from around 2,000 years ago. Situated within Holyrood Park, as well as it's rich cultural heritage, the park offers walks, solace, wildlife, volcanic geology and unparalleled vistas of the city from its many vantage points. The park has several Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) designations due to its exceptional range of grassland habitats and its internationally important volcanic geology. Ranger service on site.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

was great however was not prepared in my footwear so slipped all over the place
great views
would do again but still aching now!!!!

There are newer reviews for Arthur's Seat

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have no prior experience in hiking, I just went up for it is something I should go in Edinburg.

I almost give up at the tip part of the hill, but I was truly lucky to have met a couple who are both hiking coach, they lend me gloves, hiking sticks, pull me up to the hill. That's how I have the amazing view up there, seeing the Edinburg Castle to be so tiny.

It can be dangerous to get up when it is raining, for the ground gets really slippery. And Scotland weather is always changing. I would advise to bring sufficient hiking equipments, and a good camera.

1  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Absolutely loved it, and i'm someone who's terrified of heights! There were loads of kids there too who got to the top and were well able for it! The views of the city and the whole area are amazing!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Sort of like the Highlands in miniature - lovely way to spend the day out if the weather is kind.

We hiked the opposite direction of the norm, which really, REALLY benefited us. I think it would have been much more difficult going the usual route. We had the stone stair steps on the way down, and I think that would have been a bit tough had it been hiking up. Dress in layers, bring water/snack, and good shoes, if you plan to go all the way to the top.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

If you fancy a bit of a walk without striding to far from edinburgh, this is good plan. You get a very good view of Edinburgh, and the sea from the top .