“Expensive but family run and large portions”
Review of Kims Mini Meals

Kims Mini Meals
Ranked #400 of 2,590 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Friendly service and although it is rather expensive the food is real top notch, you can tell they've put lots of love in the cooking. Really enjoyed the bibimbab there and would definitely go again. Only thing is it's rather small so expect to dine close to fellow diners!

sunikim, Owner at Kims Mini Meals, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Many thanks to our customers for helping us attain our certificate of excellence from Tripadvisor for 2013. We hope to continue making our customers happy!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Perhaps for the non-Korean palette this would suffice? Hate to be the one person who has something negative to say. I had high expectations given the reviews but was largely disappointed with the meal. I've lived in Korea and was hoping that this experience would be reminiscent, but tasted nothing like I remember. The side dishes were good, but the doenjang chiggae hardly tasted like anything I'd ever had in Korea. Albeit, there were more vegetables - a plus (!) which is something that isn't served as much in Korea with this sort of stew. On the positive end, the service was wonderful!!!

The meal cost was expensive for dinner, £12. This was really only worth £5. If you're going to come and try this place out, go for lunch, it's about half the price.

4  Thank Ashtangi83
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I came to Edinburgh from Rome that i stayed for five nights. And at Rome, the Korean restaurant I tried was horrible. But, at Kims I was surprised because of the quality of the Korean food. Two thumbs up.

1  Thank Seong C
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

3 friends and I ate at this delightful Korean restaurant in Edinburgh today. It had been recommended highly by friends, so we were happy to wait across the road in a coffee shop for 20 mins until a table became free. As promised by the kind, smiling owner, a table had been neatly prepared on our return. It feels like being in someone's large living room in a good way. We ordered Korean tea, kimchi, beef and red rice, but were also brought a selection of traditional Korean snacks to try 'on the house'. It felt like a gentle, but informative, introduction to new cuisine. All the diners except us were Korean, which says much for the quality and authenticity of the food. Highly recommended and thank you to the owners for a fantastic experience.

1  Thank JJOLondon
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A business meeting dragged on and a quick lunch was required. "I've heard about this place" said my man with the other briefcase. "It's supposed to be good". Apparently he had tried to get in the day before but it was full.

On our day, lunch was over so there were seats available. We sat. The waiter magically appeared and simply asked " Beef, Pork or Chicken?"

"You have the chicken and I'll have the Pork"

"Any drinks?"

"What do you have that's authentically Korean?"

"Grape Juice...very nice"

"Two of those please"

Some small bowls with Starters appeared. Meat balls, spicy cabbage, prawns and leek and potato soup.

Then the Grape juice...with translucent grapes floating about like small JellyFish. Utterly more-ish.

Main was with sticky rice and salad and perfectly delicious. Nice fresh food and authentic spiciness...but not too much spiciness. portions for lunch were acceptable.

Background kitchen noise was suitably Korean and all our requests in English were immediately translated into shouted Korean for the chef to get to work.

Cash only payment of less than £20 was taken and we were up and away in about 40 mins.

Not a place for an intimate meal for two, but for what it is and what it does it deserves to be busy.

The shop next door is empty. I can see expansion on the horizon.

1  Thank TallScotsGuy