“This place has changed and is no longer a Rugby place.”
Review of Burns' Bothy - CLOSED

Burns' Bothy
Cuisines: Scottish
Neighborhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Description: I have found the best eating place in Edinburgh and would like to share this with others. My partner and I ate here about a month ago and were so impressed we took two of our friends last week. The food is brilliant and the service is superb. We raved about this place to our friends and they thought we were exaggerating. Well they were just as impressed. We would really like to see this take off as it is a new business and we would like to be able to visit it for many years to come. The owners have clearly put so much effort into the business and no visitor will be disappointed.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This place is no longer a drinking place on match days. Prepare to feel unwelcome. It has had most of its sports screens removed and they wouldn't turn the volume on for the rugby. Clearly this hotel has forgotten where it is located...

3  Thank Unhappydrinker

Reviewed September 27, 2011

I had read reviews on trip advisor re this place and went on Sunday afternoon thinking I was in for a treat. Sadly mistaken I ordered lasanga (not a usual choice but the menu was limited) but it came out and it was apparent it was a heated microwave meal that had chedder cheese sprinkled on top to pass a fresh food. My friend ordered chilli (again not a usual choice) and it looked like liquidised mince...it was vile.
I did complain and the staff were lovely and apologetic and did not charge us for the meals, there was no fuss and they really were helpful etc however the food was truly vile.

Not a gastro pub...more likely to get gastroenteritis!!

3  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Quite disappointed to be honest. The guy who was serving us seemed to be more interested about his mobile than us. The food was decent but quite surprised that in 2011 they do not have credit card terminal and cannot produce a proper check. In addition the price was bit higher than in their offer when I later checked it.

3  Thank RikuM_11
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Pretty run-of-the-mill bar with friendly staff. Menu was the usual X + chips fare, all cooked nicely and quite keenly priced. If you were having a drink in here with friends and decided to grab some food you'd be happy enough, but not worth a special trip.

1  Thank Provender
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Been in this bar about 8 times in the last few months, what can I say let's start with the staff and food, tried a few things all cooked to perfection, real good food, staff always polite and smile.

Would like to say well done to chief, the place was busy the food was with us quick and very tasty.

Been in the bar a few weekends at nights, good, DJ pity about some of the singers on the Karaoke, will be back again at nights soon.

Spoke to the manager and the doorman outside both very nice guys.

Keep up the work, Edinburgh needs to know about this place.