“good food and bands”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Description: Hard Rock Cafe Edinburgh is located just a short distance from the world famous Edinburgh Castle. Other popular destinations nearby include National Museum of Scotland, Holyrood Park, and the Palace of Holyroodhouse. We invite you to drink, dine, and enjoy yourself in a contemporary, laid back atmosphere. Hard Rock Cafe Edinburgh offers guests a delectable menu featuring house made entrees prepared with a touch of local flavors. Other enticing menu options include our Legendary Burger, fresh salads, and hand crafted cocktails. Whether you are looking for a delicious meal or just want to grab a drink with friends, we've got you covered.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

food is nice, a bit typical but staff are very friendly and good atmosphere here. Bands at night and excellent cocktails.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,664)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Looks great when you enter and service is fab however food is not up to scratch. I have been to the one in NYC, it is not a pacth on that. Won't go back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very overpriced for average food! Okay, the burgers are on the large side, but £15 with chips is extortionate!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been to a few Hard Rock Cafe in the States and elsewhere. However, this is by far the worse when it comes to food. The atmosphere and music are about the same as every other Hard Rock Cafe everywhere. Great waitresses / waiter with great personalities & awesome music as always. But the main course here is just not up to scratch. I came here on 2 separate occasions and I had a big plate of Nachos to share for starters which was great. However, when it came to main course, I found my burger meat very dry and tough. I stopped eating halfway through. It was the same last time when I came here for the ribs. Again they were quite dry and only ate halfway through as it was unpleasant to eat really dry meat. Our burgers came straight after they took away our empty Nacho plate so maybe timing need to be adjusted a little as it gives the impression that our food has been long cooked waiting at the counter for us to finish our starters. I think they need to get back to basics and ensure the meat are properly cooked to juicy succulent standard. Lebowskis and Holyrood 9A have better burgers.

1  Thank badlydrawnkid
Reviewed February 23, 2013

All Hard Rock Cafés are the same really, food is pretty decent, cool environment if you're in the mood but nothing special.

Nick C, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for your review all feedback is important to us.