Tripadvisor

Review of Simply Greek

Simply Greek
Ranked #1,346 of 2,762 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I learn a bit of Greek, so wanted to try this new place, to do a bit of reconnaissance. My friend and I booked a table for Sunday. there are lots of drop ins but if going for a meal I would advise booking as it is a small place.

Very very clean and lovely staff. We had the gyros for lunch - very reasonable price, very fresh and really Greek. (there were lots of greek folks eating as well) We saw the main meals come out and the plates were piled high with great greek food.

We ended up sharing a baklava (clearly deliciously home made) for dessert.

oh by the way, chips were fresh and hot!

Excellent value and visit. Poly Kala!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Dropped in on the off chance and was very pleasantly surprised. Really tasty Greek food and plenty off it. Friendly staff and nice surroundings. All helped by a party of Greek people in enjoying themselves, if Greek people eat here the food must be good.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 22, 2019 via mobile

We found this place by chance.
Great service. The.food was simply perfect. Good portion freshly cooked simply delicious. Small but cosy can't wait to go back with more friends.
Good luck on your new venture

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 12, 2019

I ordered the chicken gyros wrap. It was pretty much as expected: greek bread, chicken , garlic yogurt etc but also frozen chips! This just smacks of laziness. I can go to McDonald's for those! For a gyros wrap with nicely fried handcut chips id recommend OlaKala in the West End.

Date of visit: December 2019