“Excellent food and atmosphere”
Review of La Lanterna

La Lanterna
Ranked #629 of 2,591 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Description: Under new management from 17 July 2017. Come visit us, try our new dishes and let our staff take care of you.
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Hadn't booked on Saturday night but they squeezed us in and so glad they did - excellent food, excellent service. Would highly recommend

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were there last week, the service was fast and staff were kind, food was delicious and we will return next week.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Ate here last night with my partner. The decor and food was lovely however I found the maitre'd to be rather pushy, insisting on reading the specials menu to us and constantly topping up our glasses of wine everytime we took a sip.

I would return however as food and quality was really good

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Visited with nephews, 13 and 6. The 13 year old is learning Italian at school and tried it out. Nico was very impressed. We think we got better than usual service because of this but even abroad, I find that if you try to speak a bit of the language, it is much appreciated. My tuna steak was overdone but everything else was delicious. Very hectic and noisy on a Saturday evening, not the place to go for a romantic meal for 2!!! The lady who has run it for years has retired but her sister, Veronica I think, was an excellent hostess. They do excellent value Sunday dinner at £8.95 for 3 courses.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere. Very helpful staff. Decidedly average food. I can quite understand the charm of this well established Edinburgh restaurant - it's lovely but the food isn't that great. It's ok.

1  Thank ob298