Good central location, the hotel resembles a grand Georgian terraced house from the front and has a maze of floors and a new extension with a swimming pool and an open terrace with seating in between the old and new building. There was a pleasant, warm welcome and the room (Club Room) was well appointed, clean and tidy. Bathroom had all the amenities (toiletries - The White Company, fluffy soft towels). The bed was very comfortable; the pillow not so as it was foam filled rather than a goose or duck down. The bedroom was in the old part of the hotel looking out onto George Street. The staff were always pleasant and requests were dealt with in a professional and polite manner, all of the staff greeted you from reception to cleaners. Breakfast was in a lovely room with wide choice of options with a good choice from the buffet and cooked to order items, the service was excellent. We cannot fault our stay and will stay here again.
If you like architecture look out for the original spiral staircase and outside facade with columns and sash windows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Roxburghe Hotel is currently undergoing a top-to-toe refurbishment. More than 100 of our bedrooms and suites have already been given a smart, new look - and it's these rooms that guests will stay in when they book accommodation. For the next couple of months, we'll be tackling many of the ground-floor spaces, including the hotel restaurant and bar. Whilst these are closed, we will serve a complimentary breakfast as room service or take-away from the lobby until the end of March 2017; dinner will be served in the lounge area and also available as room service. The Spa and pool close from the 13th of August then the gym will close from the 3rd of September. When the club reopens we will have a refurbished poolside, complete with new Sauna, Steam Room and Experience Shower. The changing rooms will have been completely refurbished, and the Gym will include new equipment and have been given a smart new look with increased relax space and new couples/ twin treatment room. Travel in style and stay in The Roxburghe Hotel in the heart of Edinburgh city center. The hotel rewards its guests with an unrivaled location on historic Charlotte Square. This premier 4 star hotel has recently refurbished its meeting space, public areas and all 198 bedrooms, many with views of Edinburgh Castle. Ideally located between George Street, the stylish home of the cities top bars, restaurants and boutique shops and Rose Street with more traditional pubs and eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Roxburghe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Roxburghe
- Macdonald Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh
- The Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland