Brooks Hotel Edinburgh
  • Room Service
$653
$509
1,264 results
All reviewshonesty barbottle of proseccowowcher dealguest loungecity centreeggs benedicthaymarket stationgrove streetnice loungecompact roomlounge arealovely hotelfull scottishminute walkboutique hotellothian roadbreakfast room
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked my reservation at the Brooks Hotel after reading Trip Advisor reviews and wanted to add my comments after spending a delightful 4 days there this month. The hotel is situated conveniently near the Haymarket Train Station and Princess Street. I was able to walk everywhere in town including Grass Market, Old Town, several of the major museums and the central tourism office. The proximity to all of the key spots as well as wonderful restaurants can't be beat.

In terms of the hotel itself, it was a marvelous blend of historic and yet modern and efficient. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and eager to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. The room was comfortable in size and included modern amenities such as a flat screen TV, a modern shower and even a towel warmer! Another feature that was impressive were the common rooms on the ground floor. There was a dining room for breakfast but also space to read, mingle and enjoy the nice weather outdoors during the warmer months. Everything was really clean, elegant and tasteful, which was perfect since many travellers want the European charm without the velvet curtains and doilies. They really hit the mark when it comes to comfort and charm.

I would therefore wholeheartedly recommend the Brooks Hotel and would certainly stay there again if I have the opportunity to visit Scotland in the future. The price was certainly reasonable considering its location and the quality of the room and services provided.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Ellen S
Carla B, General Manager at Brooks Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is lovely to hear when our guests have enjoyed their stay with us so much.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We wanted something a little different for our one-night stay in Edinburgh. The Brooks is lovely. The staff are personable and attentive; the rooms are clean and comfortable; our bathroom was new and the shower was excellent! We really enjoyed the honesty bar and the courtyard (especially as it was a suntrap!)
We had the full Scottish breakfast, which was also lovely. We missed the toast, baked beans, and hash browns of a full English, but that's just our preference! There was certainly no reason to go hungry, and the banana compote was beautiful!
Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: It's worth getting the king-size bed!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel J

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were lucky enough to experience our courtyard in full sunshine, it is a lovely little sun trap!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Very nice decor. Nice leather couches in the living area and a well stocked 'honesty' bar. Good location for exploring, although about 15 minutes walk from Princes street.

Good clean rooms, with comfortable beds, a bit on the small side as you would expect in an inner city hotel.

Breakfast was excellent. Full Scottish, delicious and good choice of continental, home made muffins, fruit pots. Friendly service at front desk and in restaurant area. Parking £12 extra a day across the road in a secure building. Would stay here again.

Thank you for a pleasant stay - our daughter enjoyed the Easter egg hunt!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon. It was lovely to hear that your daughter enjoyed our little Easter Egg Hunt, we had great fun hiding all of the chocolate!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

So comfortable, so welcoming, so friendly, and so well located. I couldn't ask for more!
It's in the west end of Edinburgh and very close to all the best bits. I had a very good experience from the staff and really loved my stay here. I will definitely return and would recommend the Brooks to anyone looking for a good value, friendly and comfortable stay in Scotland's capital

Room Tip: I've stayed in 3, and all were superb
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank menno s

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Brooks Edinburgh, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed here with my friend for a couple of nights, bit of sight seeing, general tourist stuff but felt that I never really needed to leave the hotel, not really.

The welcome was perfect, big smile for the Receptionist David (later discovered he was the Assistant Hotel Manager, no surprise there from his level of service). Breakfast great, sure the Chef brought it to our table and rooms really good.

We were really made to feel apart of the little Brooks Family and will definitely be back, thank you all and to David and his team.

Room Tip: Back Facing
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank David R
Carla B, General Manager at Brooks Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that David in particular, along with the rest of the team made you feel so comfortable and welcome. We pride ourselves on our customer service skills and it is great to hear that this is being portrayed to our guests so strongly.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.