Bia Bistrot
Ranked #9 of 2,595 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Recommended in the esteemed Michelin Guide, Bia Bistrot offers a cosy bistro setting and timeless British cuisine. Chefs Roisin & Matthias Llorente boast culinary expertise honed across the world, including stints at Gordon Ramsay New York.Championing an ethos of fresh, seasonal and homemade produce, the Bia Bistrot menu showcases a stunning selection of refined flavours. Blending hearty Scottish influences and timeless French refinement, sumptuous dishes include Highland venison carpaccio and red cabbage salad or a succulent cut of Orkney sirloin steak with pepper sauce.A boutique-style wine list features a selective range of bottles, as well as locally brewed ciders and beers, and rare Scottish whiskies. Delicious desserts at Bia Bistro Edinburgh include a refreshing lemon posset with strawberries and proper Scottish shortbread, or a rich gooey chocolate cake.A bright yet cosy dining room features cutesy church pews, creaky exposed floorboards and plush caramel leather. Bia Bistrot is an 8-minute drive from Haymarket Rail Station
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We went there for lunch while we were in Edinburgh and decided to try this small but cosy restaurant. the food was good, well-presented, no big fuss , good service and affordable! Maybe more on the 'lady portion' side, but it was fine for us. Only let down: the expresso! Soooo bitter! Please do change your coffee brand, this one is not a coffee, it would wake up a dead man!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went there for firs time on Saturday day and really enjoyed it. Stared with mushrooms then a rally good duck dish and finished with biscuits and cheese. A really good meal and only minor niggle was it was too cramped as it one stage I thought I was going to set off fire extinguisher. Seriously though food and service fab.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We booked a table for last nigjt at 8.
The restaurant is not huge, maybe 30 covers and it was full. The standard menu was.not huge, however plenty choice and several specials. We were shown to a table in the corner which was just peefect and our drinks arrived quickly. I started with soup which was delicious followed by steak which was cooked just as I had asked for. This came with salad leaves and new potatoes and pepper sauce. The steak just melted in my mouth, it was so good. I finished with ice cream as I was so full. The staff were so friendly and welcoming, but not intrusive.
We will definately return and I would recomend this highly.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Luckily this little restaurant is just around the corner from a friend's house. Had it not been then we may never have known about it.

The welcome is warm and the food is top-drawer. The only issue is the proximity of other tables. From my seat I could touch the shoulder of someone on the next table.

The menu stated that the food was home-made and everything genuinely was. From our pesto starter to pork cheek main. Delicious.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Went there for lunch with a friend they had a good two course deal.

the food was fabulous and the flavors were amazing,

the staff are friendly .