“Great service!”
Review of La Cerise

La Cerise
Ranked #44 of 64 Dessert in Edinburgh
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Only a small patisserie but all the cakes and ice creams/ sorbets are home-made and delicious. The staff are very family friendly.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

After reading the below review, i felt the need to point out that I have always found the service friendly and helpful It's a small place, and often quite busy- we popped in for lunch today, and despite being busy the lady who served us took our order and said she'd bring it over. We have been in countless times now, usually for a tasty bowl of soup, and service is always prompt and polite. The cakes look (and taste) amazing, and it has a really homely vibe to it. Will come back time and time again, even if just for takeaway!

There are newer reviews for La Cerise

Reviewed May 2, 2012

After standing waiting to be served for 15 minutes, the staff decided I was invisible and started serving people behind me. Seemed completly disorganised....avoid !

2  Thank davewilko1
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We used to have breakfast here on Saturday mornings when we spent a weekend in Leith, and take home lots of cakes. Then we would have breakfast in the Inverleith branch on Sunday mornings. Now they are closed on Saturdays, and the Inverleith branch is gone. Great loss.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I go here quite a lot, mostly after work for a tea and a hot chocolate.. This week I managed to get their last slice of carrot cake and it really was as good as it looked! (I've included a photo!)

The staff are friendly.. especially the girl with dark hair and glasses, she's always smiling! :o)

We try to time it right so it's not too busy, as the layout of the cafe isn't as good as it could be, but there's room downstairs if you're really stuck. It's also nice to find a cafe as good as this in the far end of Leith.

We've also had breakfast rolls in here and they were really nice and filling!
In fact, everything on display looks tempting too! Looking forward to my next Hot Chocolate here.

1  Thank onegrrlriot
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Just stopped for an americano but next time i'll be back for one of their cakes (which looked superb) Good to see an old building tastefully renovated with alot of character.