“Hit and miss...................”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bond no 9 - CLOSED

Bond no 9
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Dram awards Gastro pub of the year 2012, Bronze award winner.This Bar and Restaurant prides itself on fresh, quality produce served in a relaxed bar/bistro environment. You can choose to either eat in the raised dining area or go for a more relaxed dining experience at one of the poseur tables in the centre of the bar, or the comfortable sofas in both the alcove and conservatory areas.The bar itself is a converted whisky bond, and still features the original wooden beams. Lending itself to a relaxed intimate atmosphere with live music and DJs across Thursday to Saturday.
Stirling
“Hit and miss...................”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our first impression was that it was very subdued in lighting - but once our eyes had adjusted to the environment it was fine, in fact quite pleasant.

We received a friendly welcome from the waiting staff (who were excellent throughout!), though shown to a table near to but not by a window as requested when we booked. But it was fine.

For starters my girlfriend ordered the prawn noodle soup which she really enjoyed and for her main course she had the risotto which she said was lovely. I ordered the chorizo cooked in a red wine sauce for my starter which was just ok. On the basis of the starter I wasn't quite sure what my choice of main course (pan seared trout, potatoes, spinach and tomato salad) would be like. But it was delicious! Nicely cooked and very tasty, a big thumbs up from me.

The vanilla ice cream was off the menu when we came to order the sweet which was a shame, but the creme brulee with homemade shortbread was very good.

There was a good selection of drinks and overall it was a pleasant dining experience - the prices were very reasonable. We felt however that the al la carte menu was a bit limited. A few more options would've been nice.

My only real criticism came when I looked down at the bottom of the menu where it says dogs are welcome. Guide dogs... fair enough - but not people's pets! I do not like dogs!!! I did check with the waitress but its just in the adjacent bar/lounge area (where food is also served) where they are allowed. I just think that any bar/restaurant establishment where food is being served should not permit dogs.

There were no animals in the bar when we were there but had there been I would have felt uncomfortable. On this basis I would choose not to come here again. A shame really because the atmosphere was pleasant, the staff were great and the food was good.

Edinburgh
“Good bar, very good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

First visit, only a voucher deal so not expecting too much. Wrong! The dinner menu that we chose from had a strong Asian influence and so did three of our four dishes. Someone in the kitchen really knows what they are doing here. Thai prawn noodle starter was as good as described elsewhere and a chicken noodle main was as tasty as any Asian dish I have ever had! Brilliant. Add a small but interesting wine list, a good bar, good atmosphere, friendly staff. Will definitely return.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food, great staff and very good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Four of us dined here in the evening. The food was really tasty with fresh ingredients and very nicely presented. We found the menu to be very good value for what you got. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly and made you feel at home. I'd definitely recommend this place for a meal or a drink.

uk
“did not want to leave there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

absolutely relaxing with a lot of character, helpful staff and the best prawn and noodle dish i have ever tasted.

Visited July 2013
“Just what we were looking for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Family celebration lunch on a Sunday. Easy to park. Brilliant service, very polite & attentive yet non intrusive. Had a few mini snacks to share to start, very tasty. Then ordered a selection of main courses including the all day breakfast. Great quality meat with not a spot of grease. Nice poached egg and chunky slice wholemeal toast. Fish and chips excellent, fresh fish. Steak excellent. And my dad enjoyed his thai curry. Had coffee in the conservatory/sofa area. Pleasant backround music not too loud but added to relaxed ambience. All in all a great lunch out, reasonably priced especially with the 20% discount key fob in relaxed surroundings. Will b back!!

• Visited July 2013