“Yuk”
Review of Blackcherry Cafe - CLOSED

Blackcherry Cafe
Cuisines: Scottish
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Smallish Cafe with great service, superb location with views of Edinburgh Castle.
Reviewed December 14, 2012

On my break for work and wanted a quick bite to eat. Walked in. There was 1 guy sitting in there an one guy standing behind the counter. He just looked at me and I asked if they were still serving food. He said yeah but we close at 3. It was 2pm. I sat down after ordering my "gourmet" roll of coats cheese peppers and chutney. He then returned and slapped this plate on the table and walked away. Stale plain roll, 2cm thick slab of goats cheese and 3 strands of peppers. Horrible. Not to mention there was a black hair in it. The guy then sat down and continued his conversation with the other gent saying to him "sorry about that" as he had to interrupt their conversation to make my sandwich. I wasn't expecting much from this small cafe. But maybe some basic customer service and a smile would have been appreciated. I do not recommend this place.

1  Thank Abc12345d

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great place to stop in the grassmarket, coffee was good and service was friendly. The place has a nice friendly atmosphere

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was out and about in the grassmarket for the day, and was really famished so I stopped by the Black Cherry for a lunch. I ended up with a gangster wrap done as a salad and it was really excellent. The owner was a spritely sort and was very spirited making it a pleasure to eat there. I'd recommend this place as a little haven from the occasional madness of town.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I like to support the little guy, in face of all that corporate stuff, so was delighted to find this place in touristy Edinburgh. My cup of tea was great. Jacked potatoes, though, were uncooked to the point of being inedible, with unpleasant microwaved melted cheese on top (no-one asked us if we wanted that) which all of us left. Worse, we weren't allowed to use the loo because there was water on the floor and it might be ''dangerous''. It was fine for staff to go in there, though, and, desperate to use the loo, I offered to sign a waiver that I entered ''at my own risk'' but to no avail. Such a disappointment. I so wanted write something positive! Maybe there's a reason there are corporates?

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Average food but very friendly with good service and value for money. Very friendly staff make this place a pleasure!