“Great cafe”
Review of Blackcherry Cafe - CLOSED

Blackcherry Cafe
Cuisines: Scottish
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Smallish Cafe with great service, superb location with views of Edinburgh Castle.
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great cafe”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stop in the grassmarket, coffee was good and service was friendly. The place has a nice friendly atmosphere

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Top drawer service”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was out and about in the grassmarket for the day, and was really famished so I stopped by the Black Cherry for a lunch. I ended up with a gangster wrap done as a salad and it was really excellent. The owner was a spritely sort and was very spirited making it a pleasure to eat there. I'd recommend this place as a little haven from the occasional madness of town.

• Visited June 2012
San Diego, California
“Tea was nice”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I like to support the little guy, in face of all that corporate stuff, so was delighted to find this place in touristy Edinburgh. My cup of tea was great. Jacked potatoes, though, were uncooked to the point of being inedible, with unpleasant microwaved melted cheese on top (no-one asked us if we wanted that) which all of us left. Worse, we weren't allowed to use the loo because there was water on the floor and it might be ''dangerous''. It was fine for staff to go in there, though, and, desperate to use the loo, I offered to sign a waiver that I entered ''at my own risk'' but to no avail. Such a disappointment. I so wanted write something positive! Maybe there's a reason there are corporates?

Visited April 2012
“Nice little cafe in an area where there aren't a lot of places for a light lunch”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Average food but very friendly with good service and value for money. Very friendly staff make this place a pleasure!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good little Cafe and the best cup of Assam tea I've had for ages”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

It's just a comfy, cosy little cafe, the staff are good, the food tasty and it has a nice vibe' to it. Have a cup of Assam tea and relax before taking on any more of the city.

• Visited February 2012