I've stayed in this hotel a number of times, always on the same occasion - that of the Ireland - Scotland rugby international during the Six Nations. It's central - about 3 minutes walk from Waverley Station, at the end of Prince's Street. It's big, but not too big. The rooms are what you'd expect from a big chain - decent and clean. The bar's fine, if you want a quiet drink before hitting the town; its food is OK, but you'd be better finding a nice restaurant. All in all, it's a great place to stay if you're in the wonderful city that is Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King James is located just off Edinburgh’s world-famous Princes Street, and a short walk from the Royal Mile. Whether you’re here for work or pleasure, the Fringe or to see in the New Year, you’re guaranteed a warm Scottish welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King James, Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- King James By Thistle Edinburgh
- Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James Scotland