Stayed for one night on business. Great location at one end of princes St. Rooms quite basic but comfortable, but very little space to work in.
Bed was comfortable and slept well. Didn't have breakfast although included in my price so can't comment on the food.
Price was reasonable - but corporate rate, so not sure I would have been happy paying more.
Overall, for what I wanted it was fine, but I would be disappointed as a tourist staying here for longer than a couple of nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King James is located just off Edinburgh’s world-famous Princes Street, and a short walk from the Royal Mile. Whether you’re here for work or pleasure, the Fringe or to see in the New Year, you’re guaranteed a warm Scottish welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King James, Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- King James By Thistle Edinburgh
- Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James Scotland