Yes the staff were very helpful and the breakfast was right up there. But the room - carpet threadbare, loose floor tiles in the bathroom, bed had seen several better days. Teamaker on a clumsy tray with a wire too short to reach the plug. This is an average 3* tourist hotel masquerading in 4 *s. In the three days we were there there was always a coach parked at the front door and its engines seemed to be running most of the time so could not sleep with window open. As to location, if you are going to the fringe, all of the bigger, better venues are right the other end of town so invest in one day bus ticket which worked brilliantly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic 1860s listed building, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel is housed over two buildings, a main building and a townhouse building. Situated in the stylish West End of the city, our hotel is just 200 meters from Haymarket train station and offers easy access to Edinburgh's iconic attractions, from Edinburgh Castle to Princes Street and the Royal Mile and is the perfect location to explore Scotland’s capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Prestigia, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Scotland