“Business as usual ... not quite”

Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor
Ranked #119 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Tired bedrooms , fast room service - but the so called "famous" Hilton Club Sandwich was a big miss - I have had good ones at other Hilton hotels . Free wi-fi for Hilton Honours members very useful - saved £15 . Breakfast pretty good. Have voted VG as it is a good hotel.

Needs love though and no parking - the web site says that there is an NCP within 250 yds - it has closed so parking a real pain.

Room Tip: no parking ...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a Tripadvisor review of our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast during your stay with us and that you were able to make use of our complimentary Wifi for gold and diamond Hilton Hhonors guests.

I apologise for the issues you had with parking as our nearest NCP has now closed. We are now offering a free taxi service to and from the NCP at Castle Terrace as we know that parking facilities are important to many of our valued gusts.

We certainly hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We liked the location of the hotel - near to Haymarket station and in a quieter part of the city yet with pubs and restaurants nearby. Elegant building too - townhouses with lots of public areas in the hotel.
Our room well equipped although probably ready for an update, as the origninal elegant building needs a bit of help to stay smart. Room not too hot and able to open window a little bit so sleeping was good.
Breakfasts were extremely good with plentiful fruit, cereals and tasty cooked breakfast. One of the few hotels to have Colman's mustard available without asking for it or carrying around one's own tube!
Would happily return as liked the unfussy atmosphere and quiet location, yet within quick reach of a railway station.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms front facing had large windows onto street.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

It’s great that you found our location to suit the needs of your stay and thank you for your kind comments regarding our elegant building. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the breakfast and you were able to find bottles of mustard without having to ask for it. We know these little things can go a long way in creating a memorable stay for you.

We really hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was going to Edinburgh on Business friday14 feb to monday 17th feb, as a hilton hhonors member looked at The web site for this and made sure parking was available, the web site said 250 yards away. I booked on this basis.
When we got there no car park but we could go to one about two miles away and they would provide a taxi back. They gave me sat nav input and off I set- about two minutes into the journey the cabby phone and said he was waiting no longer. Because of the new tram system ruining Edinburgh I could not get to the car park and headed back and by chance found street parking.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PrinceLard
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced regarding the parking. Unfortunately, the nearest NCP that was 250 yards away has very recently closed down. I apologise that this was not made clear to you from the beginning. It is most distressing to hear of the issue you had with the taxi company – we are currently looking into why the taxi driver did not wait for you, as instructed.

We hope that despite this isolated incident you feel able to stay with Hilton in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed here for one night with my partner. We had a double delux room. Lovely decor, quite spacious, nice & warm. The hotel is off the main road so no noise. Very close to bars, restaurants & train station. Already booked another nights stay during the festival.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so pleased you liked the deluxe room you were allocated and that you found our location to suit the needs of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back during the festival.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel is well situated near the Haymarket and about 10mins walk from Princes St. However, despite the rooms being grand, with high ceilings and large windows, they are little tired; ours in particular smelt of industrial cleaning products, was freezing cold and had stains all over the carpets. The staff at reception were very attentive during check-in and the breakfast was good. On the downside, when we called room service for an additional heater (the room was that cold), it took over an hour.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I have passed on your comments to our head housekeeper to further investigate the carpet and smell you experienced in the room. I have also spoken with our guest assistance manager regarding the length of time it took to get the heater to your room as this is not acceptable and I apologise sincerely for that.

I am pleased to hear you found our location to suit the needs of your stay and that you enjoyed the breakfast.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future and show that we have actioned upon the feedback you have provided us with.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I took my girlfriend to the hilton for her birthday expecting that I would be in a high quality room. Although the furniature may nave been nice at one time it is now old and worn out. Saying this the staff of the hotel were brilliant.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing our hotel via Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay.

I appreciate your comments regarding the furniture in your room and I have passed them on to our maintenance manager to further investigate the issues you expressed.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our staff – it’s always lovely to hear that our guests are receiving a good level of service from our staff members.

We hope that we can welcome you back in the future and show you that we have actioned your feedback.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Took a Valentines day trip here with my boyfriend.
The hotel was absolutely lovely!
Close enough to the centre without getting all the noise & bustle.
Staff were friendly & helpful.
Was a little confusing when we first arrived as the hotel is on both side of the street but the door man helped us out.
The hotel it's self is laid out & decorated very nicely but there was fixtures & fittings in our room that were a bit tired looking & there was a HUGE crack in the bathroom sink (I would not have expected that in a Hilton.)
The only other thing I could criticize was the lack of tv channels (sounds stupid I know) but we just wanted to kick back,chill out,watch tv & have a few glasses of wine.
Breakfast was lovely we just got a cooked breakfast,only thing was we had to ask for milk for our tea & the waiter had great trouble understanding what we were asking for. He had to return to the table several times to ask what it was we wanted! Also steer clear of the black pudding it is discussing!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It’s so nice to hear that you liked the hotel and found our location suited the needs of your stay.

I apologise that you found a crack in the sink; I have passed this information on to our maintenance manager to look into. I have also passed on your feedback regarding the issue you had at breakfast to our restaurant manager to investigate this further also.

We do hope we can welcome you back in the future.