We liked the location of the hotel - near to Haymarket station and in a quieter part of the city yet with pubs and restaurants nearby. Elegant building too - townhouses with lots of public areas in the hotel.
Our room well equipped although probably ready for an update, as the origninal elegant building needs a bit of help to stay smart. Room not too hot and able to open window a little bit so sleeping was good.
Breakfasts were extremely good with plentiful fruit, cereals and tasty cooked breakfast. One of the few hotels to have Colman's mustard available without asking for it or carrying around one's own tube!
Would happily return as liked the unfussy atmosphere and quiet location, yet within quick reach of a railway station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic 1860s listed building, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel is housed over two buildings, a main building and a townhouse building. Situated in the stylish West End of the city, our hotel is just 200 meters from Haymarket train station and offers easy access to Edinburgh's iconic attractions, from Edinburgh Castle to Princes Street and the Royal Mile and is the perfect location to explore Scotland’s capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Scotland