Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$503
$407
$208
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$227
$214
$151
$126
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$126
$185
$168
Travelocity
2,815 results
All reviewshaymarket stationdeluxe roomhigh ceilingscity centreprinces streettram stopbreakfast was excellentporridgehaggisroyal miletownhousecastlebusespubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After being out for the day myself and my wife went back to our Hotel room to find the Cleaner had left her used Duster on the Desk and a Towel in the Bathroom had been replaced with a dirty one that was covered in make up. It's a noisy Hotel also, with it being an old building the Floor Boards creak when people are walking past your room, take Ear Plugs if your a light sleeper because it's like sleeping on the May-Flower.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. I am sorry that a duster was left in your room and I have shared your comments regarding the towel, to show the impact this made to your stay and ensure that there is no recurrence.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights on business. Service was very friendly. The hotel is located reasonably close to the center of the city (Princess St.) and castle. The hotel is divided between two Victorian buildings. My room was in the Townhouse across the street from the main building. The room was cosy, clean and warm, but rather small. For two people it would have been crowded. Bathroom was nice and clean. The Townhouse serves it own continental breakfast, but I recommend the breakfast in the main building with a good selection of hot food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff - they do go above and beyond for our guests. I am glad you got to sample our Hilton breakfast, it is a great start to your day!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Hilton last weekend 10th-12th, the staff couldn't have been any more helpful, the were fantastic, all very friendly too. The food was first class. Would definitely recommend it. Thanks for a great stay. Debbie Matthews.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debs027

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff - they certainly are a great asset to the hotel.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We recently visited Edinburgh for a wedding and stayed at The Edinburgh Grosvenor for two nights. Initially there was a problem with the booking, despite having confirmation for three rooms there were only two when we arrived. Luckily they had a vacancy, so the problem was resolved relatively fast. the rooms were fine and the layout of the hotel is like that of a large old house, but that suits me fine. We had booked on the basis of room only so breakfast was a little expensive (but we could have chosen to eat out) however, the food was very good and the service staff were lovely as were the housekeeping staff. I did experience one problem, the key card to my room was giving trouble and I was locked out. (once at 2am!!) On the third occasion I got annoyed and they changed my card entirely. This probably should have been done the first time!!! Rant over. The rooms and entire hotel was clean, on the whole the staff were lovely, the food is good and It is situated about a 5 minutes walk from the top of Princes Street. The ongoing tramworks are a little disruptive, from the point of accessing the hotel by car or taxi but I didn't have a problem with noise, in fact quite the opposite, I found it to be very quiet. All in all its a nice accessible hotel to stay in and I would certainly go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that your bookings did not drop into the system properly, I am glad this was rectified at the time without marring your stay. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff - they certainly are a great asset to the hotel.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We didnt stay at the hotel here but at the Tune Hotel across the road but came for breakfast both mornings as we had previously stayed at the Hilton in Dundee and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast.

It did not disappoint.

Excellent service, very attentive staff and an excellent selection of food which was under the eye of a good head chef.

The hotel itself seemed charming and i would definately consider staying here on my next trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting a review about the breakfast here at the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor.

I was delighted to read your review of our breakfast, even though you stayed with another hotel around the corner. The Hilton breakfast is a great start to your day and I am glad that you were able to experience this!