We picked the Hilton for our last trip away before having our first baby because of our great combined experience of the brand. However, this hotel has single-handedly destroyed all our faith in the brand forever. We paid for an upgraded room which claimed to be 44 sq m, have bathrobes/slippers, complimentary beverage and a coffee maker and none of the four rooms we went into had any of these things - they are simply entirely false claims. We went through four rooms because the first two were filthy (stained carpets, thick dust including on bedside cabinets), the third didn't have a seating area which apparently "all" deluxe rooms have (according to Hilton website) and the fourth - an upgraded King - almost fitted the description of what we paid for. Breakfast on Saturday was fantastic, but on Sunday a total shambles. They ran out of food during service, apparently because they were "overbooked" - how does this happen exactly when you know at least the day before how many covers you have?
They ruined our last trip away - my wife was stressed during the whole time because of the hotel, and I was ready to flip on Sunday morning when I spat my beans out onto my plate in a gagging reflex because they were fridge temperature (i.e. hadn't just got cold - never heated up!). The front-line staff, however, were very polite, helpful, and professional. Clearly, however, the management are utterly incompetent and due a replacement. I have emailed the CEO of Hilton Worldwide with full details of how this hotel is being run.
We have stayed at some fantastic hotels in our time...but to be honest, when I stayed at the Budget Backpackers in Edinburgh years ago it was better than the Hilton is now. For a good 4* hotel, I would strongly recommend the Apex in Haymarket from previous experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic 1860s listed building, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel is housed over two buildings, a main building and a townhouse building. Situated in the stylish West End of the city, our hotel is just 200 meters from Haymarket train station and offers easy access to Edinburgh's iconic attractions, from Edinburgh Castle to Princes Street and the Royal Mile and is the perfect location to explore Scotland’s capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Scotland