We stayed 3 nights here. The location is good. Across from the train station and a 2 minute walk from the airport bus. The hotel is a refurbished old building and our room 130 had an odd odor which we could not pinpoint. This required we leave the window open which was fine as the temperatures were mild. The room was clean, bed very comfortable, good quality linens, and down pillows. The water pressure was poor and the bathroom had a leaking toilet.
Staff were all friendly and courteous. Breakfast was very good with a large selection and reasonable price. We had a street facing room but due to construction there was minimal automobile traffic so sound was not an issue.
We stayed at another Hilton property in Dublin during this trip that was the same price and the Dublin facility was far superior in every way
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic 1860s listed building, the Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor hotel is housed over two buildings, a main building and a townhouse building. Situated in the stylish West End of the city, our hotel is just 200 meters from Haymarket train station and offers easy access to Edinburgh's iconic attractions, from Edinburgh Castle to Princes Street and the Royal Mile and is the perfect location to explore Scotland’s capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Scotland