5 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$406
eDreams$406
ZenHotels.com$435
3,240 results
All reviews princes street scott monument castle view waverley station christmas market excellent location superior room old town edinburgh city few minutes walk short break royal mile haggis jenners tram
Selected filters
Reviewed September 26, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for a one night business stay. The hotel is located between some shops and you have to go up to the first floor to get to reception. I arrived late as my flight was delayed but this wasn’t a problem, and I was easily checked in. My room was on 6th floor and I had a great view of Princes Street, it was beautiful. My room has mostly everything but could have had some complimentary water in the room. The bed was comfortable and I had a good night sleep. Breakfast was great, lots to chose from and filled me up for the day. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Luisa170
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! It is great to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us here at the Mercure Edinburgh City Princes Street Hotel! I will certainly pass on your comments to the team to let them know what a great job they are doing!

We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed September 22, 2019

We there from September 16th to the 19th. We were greeted at the door by a homeless person who was there every day. We had to go to the second floor to check into our rooms. There was no sign for the elevator and had to climb 4 steps to get to the elevator. There were only two people to check you in. We went to our rooms, we were with three other couples and met back at the bar/restaurant 30 minutes later. We all had the same opinion of our rooms. The rooms were small, which is fine. But they were of disrepair, dirty doors in the bath rooms, mold in the bath rooms, doors would not close properly, no safes in the rooms. I could keep going on and on. We talked to the hotel manager and she said that there were no rooms available that night but if we wanted to come down in the morning at 8:00 AM maybe they could accommodate us.We stayed with our rooms.The manager also mention three times that, "This is a 3 star hotel and that our money was nonrefundable". The breakfast was good, but the serve staff was under manned and they were always out of something. Milk for coffee, syrup for pancakes,coffee cups, tables were not cleaned up so there was no where to sit.The location was great but I would not ever recommend this place to anyone.

Room tip: Do not book a street front room since the windows are single pane and the streets are very busy with buses and the rooms are very noisy.
3  Thank Gary I
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I will share your comments with our team, I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is in a great position. The rooms are small, dark and gloomy. Furniture very dated.
The service made up for this. Food very good and wait staff friendly and prompt.
The restaurant manager refused to accept our Accor card. His attitude was abrupt, dismissive and rude. Not only.with ourselves, but, with the customers who were in front of us.
Won't return to this place

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank connie s
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2019

Dear Guest,

Please note that your Accor cards do not give any discount in the food and beverage in the UK.

Reviewed September 15, 2019

We stayed at this Mercure for 3 nights during Fringefest in August. The hotel prices during this time were through the roof, so definitely this hotel was very reasonable compared to what we would have paid elsewhere. Plus we knew we would not be spending much time sitting in our room.
That said- the room was very small and dark, with a terrible view of an interior area fire escape. However- very importantly- the bed was actually very comfortable.
Another advantage for this place is that the location is great. Convenient to Old Town so we were able to walk everywhere very easily. There is really a nice view right from the hotel bar area, which was actually pretty crowded for cocktail hour and late night.
A satisfactory stay for someone who is planning on being out and about exploring beautiful Edinburgh most of the time.

Date of stay: August 2019
3  Thank Luandy29
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. We certainly hope to look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed September 13, 2019

The best thing about this hotel is its location, right on Princes Street, a main shopping street and just down the hill from Edinburgh Castle. The bad thing, if you have a room with the castle view, is that you are likely to want to open the windows. Then, you have noise of traffic day and night and drunk people at night. IF you get the windows open. The helpful service people will help open them. The service is good. If you do not mind, they provide a fan. The bed is not very uncomfortable, and the bathroom fixtures are not exactly modern, but is is satisfactory. Breakfast is standard, except that our tour guide told us that kippers (a smoked fish) was a specialty eaten at breakfast in Scotland. None of the wait staff had ever heard of them, but the front office gentleman told me that they do not serve them. The wait staff were not Scottish, which is why they had not heard of them. I didn't mind the older design of the bathroom fixtures.

Room tip: Inside rooms without a view are quieter. View rooms open windows to street.
2  Thank SonoraDweller

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Edinburgh City Princes Street Hotel. It is always helpful to receive feedback.

Kind regards.