3,279 results
All reviews scotsman newspaper north bridge royal mile train station market street beautiful hotel the penthouse street level an upgrade mini bar beautiful room old town central location edinburgh castle princess street sportsman ivor
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I just returned from Edinburgh a few days ago, and had an amazing stay at The Scotsman. They hit the right notes from the start. It was a gray chilly afternoon when I arrived by train (right across Market Street- can’t get more convenient than that) and was greeted in the lobby with a small cup of hot chocolate and a seat near the fire while I waited to check in.

My room was one of the newly renovated rooms, very spacious and comfortable with an impressive marble bathroom complete with towel warmer, shower stall, and a deep tub that was perfect for relaxing in after a day of exploring the city. Bed was very comfortable and pillows plentiful. And the two wee drams on the table were a fun touch.

I enjoyed the Grand Cafe on several occasions and the food was great. I had lamb and haggis one night and highly recommend trying the posset for dessert!

My last evening I didn’t want to be out late, since I had to be up early the next morning, so after getting my packing squared away I spent the evening in the very charming and newly opened theater in what was the screening room during the newspaper days. It’s done up really classy and intimate with deeply upholstered seats, each one having its own little table should you choose to enjoy a snack or drink during the show. It really rounded off my stay very nicely.

I really wanted to stay someplace unique with some history, but still wanting those amenities that make traveling comfortable, and I could not be more pleased with my decision to stay at The Scotsman. I hope to return to Scotland, and if that includes a stay in Edinburgh, it will be at The Scotsman, no question.

Trip type: Traveled solo
64manager, Manager at The Scotsman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear McAlvie,

Thank you for your glowing review! I am thrilled that you had a lovely time with us and that the hotel, Picturehouse and Grand Cafe all exceeded your expectations. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room, staff, beds, everything was perfect! Having entrances on both levels makes things so convenient. The hot chocolate in the lobby is the best I've ever had. Breakfast was nice. Location is so convenient. The only down side is the construction. You definitely want to upgrade to the renovated building.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Diplogeek,

Thank you for your lovely 5* review. I am so glad to read that your stay with us was "perfect" and that you particularly enjoyed our delicious hot chocolate in the lobby. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Rooms are updated and beautiful while Rooms are updated and very beautiful while the common areas have remained old world. Nicely done. Staff was friendly and helpful. Food was perfect! In the heart of Edinburgh. Definitely would stay again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
64manager, Manager at The Scotsman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear karenkW8177TR,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return in the not-too-distant future.

Deputy general Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a lovely weekend stay at The Scotsman. Our suite was beautiful, would highly recommend! All the staff were very helpful with all requests and made us feel at home.

Breakfast was wide ranging and excellently served.

Would go back in a heartbeat

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Scott K,

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful weekend with us and that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast offering. We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a wonderful hotel, with a great staff and a great location in the heart of Edinburgh. The food in both the the restaurant and the breakfast room was excellent. The hotel is currently refurbishing the rooms to great effect. I would highly recommend a stay there.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear f200090,

Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad that you had such a great stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to The Scotsman Hotel in the future.

Warm regards