The Scotsman Hotel
$503
$407
$208
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$227
$214
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$126
$185
$168
Orbitz.com
2,655 results
All reviewsscotsman newspapernorth bridge brasserieprivacy hatchroyal miletrain stationmarket streethealth clubdeluxe roombeautiful hotelsteam roommini baran upgradebirthday treatbeautiful roomcentral locationcalton hillprincess street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The room was excellent, with a great view over Princes Street, and the Balmoral Hotel. The bed was so soft and comfortable, its how I imagined it would feel if you could lie on a cloud. All the food we had was just amazing. The staff were the best. I said to my husband that I wished we could have stayed there forever. We also tried out a couple of the Spa treatments. We both had massages which were bliss, and I also had reflexology on my feet, and the woman really knew her stuff.
We can't recommend this hotel high enough, and I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hezdez
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located just a few metres from the train station and the Royal Mile, within easy walking distance to and from all major tourist attractions (if you like and want to do so). Our room was really big, quiet, clean, nicely decorated and comfortable, with a lovely view to Market St, North Bridge and Carlton Hill in the distance. The drawings of the jumping terrier on the bathroom wall were just very enjoyable to watch.

Breakfast was tasty with a good variety of choices and delicious smoothies, although the service could be better and more attentive, particularly they need to remove dirty dishes before you start pile them up on the table.

Staff was really polite, friendly and extremely helpful. Concierge team was superb. They made us feel more than welcomed and pampered. Although we had some issues with the TV, they really made their best to solve it.

All in all, it was a very pleasant stay and we'll love to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank E D
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We bought a 2 night package through secret escapes which included both breakfasts and one evening meal. The hotel is perfectly situated to explore both sides of the city centre and right next to the main station. The hotel has charactor and history as well as friendly efficient staff. The room was enormous and had everything you could want.

The breakfasts were freshly cooked and the evening meal fantastic. Sometime when meals are part of a deal they tend to have a restricted menu (Groupon!) but this was the full menu. The food was of a really high standard.

I would definitely recommend a stay here, especially if you can get a deal.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the Princess Street
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I had a one night stay to meet up with friends celebrating a 50th birthday. On arrival the reception and concierge offered a very professional, warm welcome. Our room 808 was lovely with views over Princes Street Gardens and towards Leith.
We decided to have a light snack and went to the bistro/bar area to enquire. We were told that all that was available at that time was afternoon tea. We ordered one between us and after our drinks had arrived from the bar it became apparent that we could have ordered from the room service menu. The afternoon tea was put on hold until we had a look at this menu. We decided to stick with the afternoon tea and informed the bar man. This all happened within about 5 minutes. He went to inform the kitchen and returned to inform us that the kitchen would not serve it as afternoon tea finished at 4.30. I pointed out that it was only 4.25 but it was a total refusal. I complained to the reception staff who made all the right noises but did nothing so we finished our drinks and went elsewhere for a snack. We had paid £180.00 for a one night stay in a so called 5* hotel and were refused service.
Our room air conditioning did not appear to work so we were unable to sleep because of the heat. We did open a window but being in the city it was rather noisy. Our friends were also disappointed with their stay especially their room. The rooms all seem to vary greatly.
We will not be back. It could have been a good stay but there were too many niggles.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank kennetpans
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My friend & I booked afternoon tea for a lovely girly treat. Unfortunately on arrival they had no note of our booking, despite it having been booked 2 weeks previously over the phone. It seemed very busy with little staff. After no apology, I was ushered along into another room. Once in the other room the girl that greeted me was lovely, helping take my coat & choosing me a nice table. I explained my friend was on her way & she gave me a tea menu to look at whilst I waited. She took my details. Whilst I waited a waiter came in, questioned me about my details again & asked what kind of tea I would like. I explained my friend was on her way & would like to wait. He said he would just take my order now. 5 mins later he dropped off my tea & the cake stand, I tried to protest that I was still waiting on my friend & he stormed away saying he would explain the cakes & sandwiches when my friend arrived. My friend came in at that point & he ignored her. We waited for 10 mins & after trying to call the waiter & waitress over finally the waitress appeared. My friend asked if she could order her tea & she told her she would have to wait for a menu & then she could choose. She then left abruptly & we waited a further 10 mins for her to return with a menu. Meanwhile people from other tables were trying to attract the attention of staff to make various requests. The waitress came back with the tea & told us we would have to share tea strainers despite us drinking different effusions of tea. Still no explanation of the cake stand so we just guessed & started. We sat for over an hour & a half with no one asking us if we were ok or offering us any further service. Eventually we managed to call the girl over & ask for the bill & asked if we could take the uneaten cakes home. We had paid by voucher which was treated as a hassle to the waitress saying she had to make sure we had already handed the voucher in already. We again waited 10mins for no return. She came back & said you need to come through to the bar if you want your cakes & stormed off, leaving us to get our own coats from the rack. We worked our way back to the bar to find us waiting another 10mins whilst our cake was wrapped in tin foil. I was gravely disappointed by the service received & felt more like a hindrance than a guest at The Scotsman. I definitely wouldn't recommend it to a friend & hope to never return!

• Stayed: July 2014