The Scotsman Hotel
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$126
$152
$184
$168
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$136
$126
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$225
$119
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,655 results
All reviewsscotsman newspapernorth bridge brasserieprivacy hatchroyal miletrain stationmarket streethealth clubdeluxe roombeautiful hotelsteam roommini baran upgradebirthday treatbeautiful roomcentral locationcalton hillprincess street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I paid for my brother and now sister in law to stay at the Scotsman Hotel in Edinburgh. I could not have asked for the staff to any better from the daily reports I was getting from brother. Nothing was too much trouble and I mentioned in an email a month before they were due to arrive that they were newlyweds, what was nice is that they did not forget this and must have made a note of it. When Brian and Jayne got to their room they had a selection of pastries with a congratulations card welcoming them. I have never been but from what they were telling me I certainly will give it a try! They loved it. The staff was professional and could not do enough for them.

Room Tip: Worthwhile to send an email if you nave any requests
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
TheScotsmanEdinburgh, Operations Manager at The Scotsman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to record your positive comments regarding your brother’s recent visit to the Scotsman Hotel. As you will be aware, normally avenues such as Trip Advisor are utilised for the negative aspects; making your kind words appreciated that little bit more.
It is always a pleasure to read our guests’ reviews and to hear that we were able to contribute to such a special occasion for your brother and his wife is an added bonus. We like to pride ourselves on our professionalism, relaxing atmosphere and service throughout the hotel; I am pleased to see that they experienced all of these and enjoyed their stay.
I hope that we can welcome them back to the Scotsman in the future and indeed that you will choose to join us for a wonderful “Scotsman” experience

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here with my Partner in August for a night during the Eginburgh Fringe, we drove up from Leeds and took advantage of the discounted parking the hotel offers. We pulled up outside the hotel, were greeted by the Concierge who was hosting some pretty nifty tartan trousers, he gave me some decent directions to the parking around the maze of roads and even a hand drawn map.

The impeccable service continued when we checked in, it took mere minutes, we were taken to our wonderfully vast room which was faultless. The bed was massive and comfortable, the decoration was superb, the facilities were splendid. A en suite free standing bath with an audio system, a seperate shower with a ridiculous amount of shower heads at multiple levels that you could drown in if you weren't careful, and a great view!

We didn't intend to spend much time in the room but it was hard not to, from the initial service to the quality of the facilities it was just spot on, close to all the tourist destinations on both sides of the bridge, and easy to find after a night out!

Room 10/10
Staff 10/10
Location 10/10

Believe it or not I'm not easily pleased, but, even though the staff were extremely busy, they didn't forget the little things that matter, a smile, a polite greeting etc. It is a well managed and staff Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here for only one night unfortunately. Would have liked to have stayed more. Our room was absolutely gorgeous, lovely en suite with speakers in the bathroom so could listen to music in bath. The windows were secondary glazed so no noise from outside. Staff fantastic. Bed excellent. So comfy with fantastic linen & plump pillows. Would recommend this to everyone.

Room Tip: Never went to the spa or had breakfast but walked past the breakfast room on our way out. Everything looked delicious & fresh. I dont think anyone would get a bad room here.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ainsley_12
TheScotsmanEdinburgh, Operations Manager at The Scotsman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to record your positive comments regarding your recent visit to the Scotsman Hotel. As you will be aware, normally avenues such as Trip Advisor are utilised for the negative aspects; making your kind words appreciated that little bit more.
We like to pride ourselves on our professionalism, relaxing atmosphere and service throughout the hotel; I am pleased to see that you experienced all of these and enjoyed your stay.
It is always a pleasure to read our guest’s reviews; I am only sorry that you were not able to stay with us longer and hope that you will be able to on a return visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a short break for our wedding anniversary. Extremely close to all the shops, castle etc and we we lucky to have a superb view of the castle from our window especially as the Tattoo was on and there was a Magical firework display in the evening. Exceptional service even down to directions for parking the car and the staff couldn't do enough to assist. Very warm and welcoming in Edinburgh.

I was very pleased to hear that we were able to contribute to the enjoyment of your stay and to know that it was for such a special occasion is an added bonus. Many of our rooms and suites enjoy enviable views across the skyline of Edinburgh city centre and it is nice to know that you enjoyed the added bonus of the Tattoo firework display from Edinburgh Castle.
We are very proud of the fact that each and every one of our staff knows the importance of making our guests feel special and I am pleased to see that you experienced the team’s professionalism and friendliness.
I hope to welcome you back to Edinburgh and the Scotsman in the future

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Right across the street from Edinburgh Waverly Station & next to the middle of the Royal Mile. Recently renovated, excellent service. Rooms on the North Bridge side a bit noisy (but with excellent view as the trade off) , so ask to be away from that side if you want quiet. Outstanding restaurant. Would definitely go back, especially if traveling by rail.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

As you have mentioned we hold an enviable position in Edinburgh with easy access to transport links as well as the hub of activity throughout Edinburgh itself; I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our Executive Head Chef, Paul Hart proudly works with many local producers of top quality, fresh and locally sourced Scottish ingredients and it was lovely to read that you had the opportunity of enjoying a meal in our North Bridge Brasserie
I hope you will return to stay with us in the future and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back