$180
  • Room Service
$633
$500
1,580 results
All reviewsushers restaurantkingdom suiteexperience showerhandpicked hotelsexecutive roombrasserie restaurantgarden suitesteam roomclose to the airportpark and ridelovely hotelrelaxing breakwedding partyfresh milkleisure facilitiesbirthday treatfollowing morning
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

I visited with my family for afternoon tea, it was excellent. Perfect overall. I would say it was one of best afternoon tea i ever had. Service was prompt. And hotel is very beautiful But little bit far from city centre. I would love to visit again!! Thank you for the wonderful experience.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review following your visit with family in February. I am delighted you found the overall experience to be perfect and it is fantastic to read that it was the best afternoon tea you have ever had. I do hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

We had the Lomond Room which was a corner room with 3 windows and lots of light,, large and spacious. It is a jewel close to the airport. Some classic designs in the interior design, moldings and columns. Many sitting areas. Great food.

Stayed: September 2017
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review. I am delighted to read you liked the Lomond room and that you found it to be light and spacious. I do hope we can welcome you back to Norton House Hotel & Spa very soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

We stayed here for a wedding and the hotel really added to the event.
We went for an executive and it was well worth it, extra space, a balcony and large tv and even a small one to watch in the bath!
The spa and gym were well equipped and with reasonably easy access. Dining and receptions rooms were comfortable and the food was excellent.
It's worth adding that the hotel was an excellent venue for the wedding as well as great for ordinary residents.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are worth the little extra
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Thank you for such lovely comments, they are very much appreciated. I am delighted you enjoyed all the facilities in our hotel and that you found us to be an excellent wedding venue. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Stayed for a couple of nights with family .we all found the hotel to be very good .Staff were helpful and friendly .Parking, no problems. Our room was warm and spotlessly clean . The bed was very , very comfortable and we all slept well .It was so lovely to be able to make a cup of tea in the room with lovely crockery and FRESH , yes, FRESH milk . The bathroom was very nice and had everything we needed for a short stay .our room looked out on to the grass , and we had a lovely view. Breakfast was good and the staff could not do enough for you ( and there was marmite on offer too - fantastic !! ). we used the pool and the facilities were excellent. We did not eat in the restaurant for evening meal so unable to comment on that but all in all , we had no complaints about our stay .

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for posting a review following your stay with the family. I am delighted you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and that you had a relaxing couple of days. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2017

I was really looking forward to staying here as had heard many good things about it and we had paid £160 for a fancy room for one night.

Our first experience was poor, when it took 25 minutes to scones to arrive after we ordered tea and scones and 20 minutes after the tea. Despite nobody else being in the bar eating. No apology was offered when they arrived. Or when I asked what was happening to them after 15 minutes, this seemed acceptable. We had finished the tea by the time the scones came, but weren't offered any more. The scones although warm, were quite dry and tasteless. They were also small and at a cost of £6 each! The jam was cheap and runny too. Shame, as the jam at breakfast was nice. This set the tone for the rest of our stay really.

The room itself was was ok, but not £160, even in such surroundings or a capital city. The bed was small, the mattress firm (to our liking) but the pillows cheap and uncomfortable. Shower was good, toiletries plentiful and nice smelling. Soap particularly so. Indeed the smell of the soap was the highlight of the stay. The side table tops were bubbled and warped and balcony outside rusty.

The location handy for the airport, where we flew from the next day and with lovely grounds and sadly we didn't get to try the spa.

The next day was breakfast and it went from bad to worse. I would definitely recommend ordering ala carte food and avoiding the hot plate.

I first tried the "Bircher museli" which was horrid quite frankly. The person preparing this had clearly never actually eaten bircher or indeed tried this himself. It was just cream and rolled oats, no apple juice, apple or fruit. It was topped with bizarrely, powdered cinnamon and blueberries. No taste at all. Really quite unpleasant texture too.

I think the same person made the homemade museli, again no toasted oats or other flakes, essentially rolled oats, and little fruit or nuts. The rest of the cereal selection was similarly cheap. Granola?

Then came the cooked breakfast. The mushrooms steamed, not fried and not seasoned either. I came across a large piece of (presumably) peat with the mushrooms, which I spat out. No apology offered from staff. No hashbrowns, fried potatoes, tattle scones or lorne sausage. Tomatoes not particularly seasoned or cooked. The beans were also dry. We were down at 8am so this was quite surprising.

The bread selection was poor too. No wholemeal, granary, sourdough or anything other than a single french stick. The toast itself was rubbery and cold when it came out. It was strange you weren't actually able to toast your own bread. Also thought it seemed pointless serving muffins if you can't toast them. They did have a free from corner, which I didn't try. The pastries not fresh, not particularly nice either, chewy and heavy not crisp and light. The fresh juice was fine but bizarrely shot glasses were offered for the smoothie, which I didn't try. Presumably to stop you actually drinking too much of it?

All it all extremely disappointing for such a lot of money. Forgivable possibly, but not at this price point.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 185DavidW

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments following your recent visit to Norton House Hotel & Spa. Naturally I'm disappointed to read that you encountered service issues and I apologise that your visit did not meet expectations. I am keen to highlight that all feedback is very important to us and we will discuss and review your comments with the team. Thank you again for your constructive feedback.