The Scottish Grocers federation uses this hotel every year for its Network Meeting, this year it hosted John Swinney and Gary Robertson as guests. I arrived at 1.30pm and was greeted by two friendly receptionists. My room wasn't ready, but check in isnt until 3.00pm so they took my case and held it behind reception. We had booked the patio room for our meeting and it was set up and ready to go for 2.00pm.
A colleague and I had a snack in the a drawing room which was beautifully presented and very clean. I had Salmon and soft cheese sandwiches and my colleague Brie sandwiches, both of which were served with fresh salad garnish and crisps. Both were very good.
After the meeting I was able to get into my room, I had stayed in several of the rooms in different area of the hotel over the years and was not dissapointed. My room was clean and tidy, tea coffee facilitys, huge 40"-42" tv and most importantly a really comfortable bed. I met up with another six of my colleagues who had ordered various snack and bar meals with assorted refreshments. These were served promptly, each meal was of a good standard, plentiful and well recieved, the cost was very reasonable £88.00 for 7 of us.
After the debate we walked to the Garden Rooms for a three course meal, a well presented and flavoured Smoked Haddock Soup starter, Chicken and assorted vegetable and finally a sticky toffee pudding and ice cream. Everything presented to us was fresh, tasty and our table nothing was left on our plates.
The next morning we had breakfast ranging from the full traditional, to just scrambled eggs. The breakfast was sewrved to all of us at once with a plentiful supply of tea, coffee and juices.
As usual the Hotel excelled and non of us could or would complain about any element of our visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland