“Comfortable”

Ranked #46 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Tadley, United Kingdom
“Comfortable”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I spent 1 night at this hotel when on business in Edinburgh. Though close to the airport the drive up to the hotel itself is a long one. The reception staff were friendly and efficient and quickly had me dispatched to my room. The room itself was spacious enough and the bed comfortable. The main feature perhaps was the TV in the bathroom, though the bathtub itself was more than a little snug and you needed a plumbing degree to work out the taps. Breakfast was good though it may have been improved by making the hot buffet self service as the serving staff added little if any value.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew N
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your trip to Edinburgh on business.
It is pleasing to read that you found your room comfortable and that the reception team were friendly and efficient. I am delighted that you enjoyed breakfast however I have noted your comments regarding the buffet service and will discuss this with the Food & Beverage Manager. Thank you again for your constructive feedback.
Chris Monks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
scotland
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My friend and I had an amazing day at the spa last Thursday. I have visited so many spas with many disappointments. However not here, from beginning to end I was impressed with the customer service, the staff were so friendly. The spa was clean and relaxed, although not a lot of spa facilities only a sauna, steam room and hydrotherapy pool but it was enough, and the fact you were able to try out the range of Elimis products on display made it made my day, as I love trying new beauty products. We had a mud treatment and the lady who showed us to the treatment area was very bubbly and enthusiastic. Food in the restaurant was lovely and the waitress again was so friendly and attentive. One comment I would make is the price for the set lunch. One course for £8 and two for £15.50. This out us off as you were paying £7.50 for. Starter or dessert! We would have had a two course if it was more sensibly priced. Overall a great stay and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your recent Spa day. I am delighted you had an amazing day and that you found all our staff friendly and attentive. It is great to read you enjoyed trying out our Elemis beauty products and I am sure when you return there will be new additions to their range. Thank you again for your feedback.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We celebrated my Mum and dads 40th wedding anniversary at Norton House and the staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful. We had a private dinner arranged which was delicious and the service outstanding. We stayed for the weekend and made use of the lovely spa facilities. It was great to be able to take the little ones swimming. In making the arrangements the staff also were really helpful and made sure that our Grandparents had a ground floor room with a walk in shower. The whole family enjoyed the stay, it was great value for money and I could not recommend it more highly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel following your stay in January. I am delighted the family all enjoyed their stay and that the Anniversary dinner was a success. It is great to read that you utilised the Health Club and Spa and that the children all had fun in the pool. Thank you for recommending us to future guests and I do hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.
edinburgh
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed at the hotel to celebrate my birthday, the staff were friendly, the food was good and the room was exceptional. We tried the spa and have nothing but praise for the friendliness of staff both there and in the hotel, they just couldn't do enoughand really made our visit very pleasant indeed. We found the hotel to be very quiet at night and slept soundly in a very comfortable bed. Will definately return.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite and it was really spacious
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank romy48
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your very kind words regarding your stay to celebrate your birthday. I am delighted you had a pleasant stay and that you had a comfortable nights sleep in your suite. I was pleased to read that you have nothing but praise for the staff. The team take great pride in exceeding our guest’s expectations and I know they will be very encouraged when reading your review. It is great to see you will definitely return and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I have just arrived back from the hotel and wish we were both back there. Brilliant people and lovely food. Would tell anyone to visit and relax in the hotel and spa. Nothing was ever a problem. Looking forward to going again. If i could give it 10 stars i would.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chrislamb247
I very much appreciate you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great that you found the team brilliant and I know your comments will give them great encouragement. Thank you for recommending us to prospective guests and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Norton House & Spa is the perfect location not only for family weekends, weddings but also for business meeting or conferences. Featuring luxury spa & wellness center, award-winning restaurant and design rooms the guests will enjoy every single piece of comfort of this stunning property. Nearby golf courses also offer the possibility for all sport fans to enjoy a round of game.
All 83 rooms are designed in modern boutique style in different categories; standard, executive and suites. Emphasize is placed on the bathroom which each comes with shower, bathtub with TV, toiletries and bathrobe to completely satisfy the demands of the clients. Among many room’s amenities, you will find comfortable bed, soft pillows, large TV screen, wireless internet and many more. I’ve had the possibility to stay in Edinburgh Suite which is deluxe double and comes with king-size bed, living room area, modern bathroom and large terrace to enjoy the view. Kingdom Suite which is the highest category room offers luxury accommodation with private dining room, wardrobe, in-room dining, fresh flowers, fruit basket and chocolate.

I cannot forget about the wellness & spa area which is an amazing addition to the hotel. Luxury area brings together swimming pool, steam room, massage and cosmetics treatments and fitness classes available throughout the day. Entrance to the spa is available to all the guests free of charge but hotel also offers variety of memberships to the outside guests. Guests can also choose from variety of body or facial procedures such as manicure/pedicure or massages.

Norton House settings are also an ideal venue to host conferences, business meetings and weddings. Weddings are important part of hotel’s philosophy that will go an extra mile to make this special day an extraordinary. Brochures with specific examples can be found in the lounge room and serve as an inspiration for your big day. The staff will take care of the decoration, flowers and music arrangements as well as to satisfy all your requests and suggestion.

Dining and gastronomy is a special chapter for Norton House which offers many possibilities to wine & dine. Guests can choose from private dining in specially designed Ushers Restaurant with a la carte menu or head to the Brasserie and enjoy traditional Scottish dishes with a touch of uniqueness. During my visit, we have tried chicken Caesar salad and celery-apple soup as starter, chicken breast with mash potatoes and salmon with lentil dip as main course, pear perfection and chocolate cake as dessert. Everything was beyond amazing and I must say that it definitely deserve stars award rating which you can see on the wall prior to entering the Brasserie. 3-course menu is served in Brasserie and guests can choose from wide selection of wines or cocktails to accompany their meals. Afternoon tea, deserts and snack can be served in comfortable lounge with fireplace which is also perfect destination for quite private working time. Delicious breakfast is served every morning and offer selection of hot and cold buffet, different types of eggs, pancakes and many other items. This can easily become highlight of your stay at Norton House.

If you are looking for the perfect spot for your wedding or simply want to enjoy quite weekend with your love one outside of bustling city center of Edinburgh, head to the Norton House & Spa where luxury spa, delicious meals and perfect atmosphere await you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hcslovanka1818
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of Norton House Hotel and Spa. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and I appreciate you recommending us as a venue for many different events and occasions. I do hope we can welcome you back in the very near future.
Darvel, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights last September for my brother's wedding. The hotel is easy to get to if you're driving and, although you are not too far out from the city centre, it does have a country estate feel. The room we had was well furnished to a good standard and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent with a good selection of choices. As far as travelling into the city goes, there is a bus stop near the hotel. Takes about 40 minutes to get into the city centre, so if you're impatient or don't like public transport then probably best to get a taxi which should cost no more than £20 each way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank killiealan
ChrisMonks72, Deputy Genearal Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post a review after your two night stay in September. I am delighted that you found your room well furnished and comfortable and it is pleasing to read that you found breakfast excellent. Thank you again for your feedback.