My Mum and I visited here last year for my birthday. We booked a dinner, bed and breakfast deal which included two treatments and full use of the spa facilities.
Upon arrival, we checked in but our room wasn't ready so we headed down to the spa where we were given a very friendly greeting. We were shown around and then headed to get changed into our swimming gear ahead of our treatments.
The waiting/sitting room for guests awaiting treatments was bright and relaxing, offering various drinks from water, fruit juices and teas.
We both opted for the full body scrub and then a back, neck and shoulder massage. The treatments were amazing. The rooms were small and dimly lit, with a shower in the room to wash off the scrub ahead of the massage. The therapist was very professional and polite.
After our treatments we went to the relaxation room, which has about 12 beds each with its own individual light, again there were some teas and drinks, my Mum and I both had a nap - It was lovely!
After this, we went for a swim and a steamroom/sauna which was great. After this we headed to the main spa eating/sitting area where others were all in thier robes and slippers which was lovely! We had a healthy lunch each with a glass of champagne - Very posh!
After all of this we headed to the main building to gain access to our room. The room was a good size. We opted for a twin which had two decent sized double beds. An arm chair, massive flat screen TV and desk. Very pleased with the room, we stayed in here for a few hours and watched some films on the DVD player - Lovely!
We had booked in for dinner later in the evening. I can't quite remember what we had but I remember being extremely satisfied with the quality of the food, and I remember our waitress being extremely chatty and friendly - What a lovely warm welcome!
All in all this stay was amazing. Really top quality compaired to some of the previous spa's I have been to. I would highly reccommend this venue to anyone! My friends also got marries in Norton House in the May of 2013 and was an amazing day. Must visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland