We checked in easily after 3pm and the receptionist was welcoming and gave us all the information we needed. We were allocated the queensferry room at the front of the hotel. On arrival we knew there was a wedding on as we met the bride. We enjoyed the health club; pool, small steam room, jacuzzi and small sauna. All was clean. The fancy shower was slightly strange in that you had to peer around it to see if it was actually free. The jacuzzi was a bit different in that it had 2 metal summer seats in it, just be careful when sitting down on the seats because of the angle.
We had reserved dinner in the ushers restaurant when I booked the room several weeks ago. Our meal was divine, all food was very colourful and presented beautifully, it was a very high standard. The service was excellent. Additionally we received 3 different breads, 2 appetisers and a sorbet after our main meal. The only thing was that the main meal could have been hotter as it soon lost its heat quickly. One could say that the waiter does not need to explain everything that was in each dish as we had after all chosen our meals in the first instance. This was the same with everyone in the restaurant as we heard the details from the 2 tables beside us.
Our room was lovely, quite spacious with a comfy bed and pillows, heaters adequate although under the single glazed high windows and it was necessary to leave the curtains open so the heat could actually heat up the room. The decor could have been better as it was a bit dated (floral border, floral curtains with frills and brass light fittings). The bathroom was very modern in grey and white. It was immaculately clean with complimentary toiletries. Most impressed with this and the rain shower too.
Negative point; our sleep was disrupted more than twice due to the noise from the front door of the hotel being opened and closed, noise of others (shouting and talking) outside at the front of the hotel from after 11pm to 2am, noise of car engines and car horns. The people were either waiting on taxis, waiting for others to come and collect them, waiting for car engines to heat up and defrost the ice on their windscreens or simply smoking outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland