“Fantastic weekend”

Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
Ranked #38 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed September 1, 2013

A great hotel and we totally recommend the worthwhile upgrade to the Junior Suites as its a duplex room with the most amazing walk in shower room upstairs.

The Spa was also stunning with us spending over 5 hours there with treatments and swimming and steam room etc, The Aqua pool was also stunning with a waterfall fabulous for shoulder massage!

We had a family function also which went brilliantly well and like to thank all the staff for looking after us... Although there was a big noise from the kitchen at one point with a lot of glass crashing so not sure they had many glasses left lol

Thank you and highly recommend this amazing hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Junior Suite you will not regret it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

I very much appreciate you taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. I am delighted that you and the family had a fantastic weekend and that you enjoyed the function that you attended. I agree with you that it is a great option when available to upgrade to one of our suites. The duplex rooms are very popular with our guests and I am pleased you liked the walk in shower on the top level. It is great to see you spent quality time in the Spa and utilised all the facilities. Thank you for recommending our hotel to future guests and I do hope you have the opportunity to return in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I wish I could have stayed there 1 or 2 nights more to discover the spa and test the breakfast! I was so in a rush I could not. I wish also the quality of service would be similar in several hotels in France I have in mind. Room was really nice and comfortable. Very good value for money for a night during the summer cultural festival of Edinburgh.
I strongly recommend this place. Enjoy and check the pictures.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It is great that you found your room nice and comfortable and fantastic to read that you received great service during your stay. Thank you for recommending us to future guests and I do hope you can return in the future and take the time to enjoy breakfast and relax in the spa.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here for my sisters 40th birthday for spa weekend. It was wonderful. The spa is fabulous and staff very friendly. We has the mud rasul and facials. treatments were great. Hotel about 30 mins on bus from edinburgh centre but buses are regular and stop just at hotel. Would def stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your Sisters birthday spa weekend. I am delighted that you found your spa experience wonderful and that your treatments were great and the staff friendly. It is great to see you will stay again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House Hotel & Spa in the very near future.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed one night prior to returning to the US. The location was secluded but close to Edinburgh and 10 minutes from the airport.
The service was friendly, pleasant, helpful.
The room in addition to being extremely comfortable had heart warming additions just asking to be enjoyed such as a TV over the bath, fresh milk in the fridge.
The Usher "fine dining" restaurant was exceptional, which I advised in the restaurant section. The brassiere for breakfast was fast, tasty and friendly and an excellent combination of buffet style and fresh kitchen cooked.
Getting to the room was a bit convoluted but not impossible as I lost the bet as to whether we could find it again after dinner.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the team to be friendly, pleasant and helpful. I am pleased you enjoyed dinner in our award winning restaurant Ushers and I thank you for reviewing it separately. I am sorry that you found the route to your room was a little convoluted, we do print a copy of the hotel layout on the back of our welcome letters, however I appreciate if you are not familiar with the design of the building it can appear complicated. It is great to read that you found your room extremely comfortable and that you enjoyed breakfast before your departure. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My daughter had her wedding and reception here and so many guests commented on what a wonderful wedding it was. The wedding reception and celidh were all in the same ballroom but the staff changed over very quickly. We were probably lucky that the sun shone so photos could be taken in the garden while guests had there reception drink outside. If the weather is bad I imagine that guests can overflow into other bars and coffee lounges in the hotel. They are professionals at getting the food on the tables. It was tasty and very well cooked. We were allowed a play area for all the children and they put safety covers on all the switches which I appreciated. As said before the drinks are pricey but most people expect this at weddings. Although a top venue the staff are so friendly and helpful and make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I very much appreciate you posting a review on Trip Advisor following your daughters wedding in August. I am delighted that your wedding guests described the wedding as wonderful and that you found the service professional and the food very tasty. It is great that the sun shone for you and you were able to utilise the gardens for your reception drinks and photographs. May I take this opportunity to wish your daughter and new son in law a long and happy marriage together and I thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife & I booked in to the Spa for the day (birthday treat from my wife) & had a brilliant time. Beautiful facilities & excellent service. Going to do this regularly as we enjoyed it so much. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank planetastic

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your visit to our Spa in August. It is fantastic to read that you found our facilities beautiful and the service excellent. I am delighted that you now plan to visit us on a regular basis due to the fact that you enjoyed your experience so much. I look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here as a lovely relaxing luxury treat after 2 weeks camping in Shetland and Orkney, so maybe any clean soft bed would be welcome, HOWEVER, that aside, I was very impressed with the hotel. Didn't experience the spa as such as we were here as a family but we all enjoyed the pool and relaxing environment, Rooms were lovely, very clean and very comfortable. Bathroom lovely. We paid £231 for a room and that included a 3 course evening meal for 2 adults and breakfast for all which I thought was very reasonable. Staff very friendly and attentive. Enjoyed by all of us!

2  Thank pauladoody
Ronnie_MacKay, General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us here at Norton House Hotel and Spa. I was delighted to read that you all enjoyed your time here and that you were "very impressed with the hotel". I am glad that you had time to use our leisure club and, hopefully, the next time you come to see us you will have the opportunity to treat yourself to a Spa Treatment. I am, sure you would love it.

We hope to see you return to Norton House in the near future.

Kind regards.