Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
Average 3/5
    Great 4.5/5
    • Restaurant
    1,540 results
    All reviewsushers restaurantexperience showerkingdom suitehandpicked hotelsexecutive roomnew wingbrasserie restaurantgarden suitesteam roomclose to the airportpark and ridelovely hotelrelaxing breakwedding partyfresh milkleisure facilitieslarge tv
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed May 7, 2008

I stayed here the night before and night of my friends wedding. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and efficient and the room was modernly decorated with a lovely big TV. The breakfast was fantastic, great selection and nice and fresh. The tea and biscuits in the room were lovely.

However there were a few things which made our stay not as pleasant as it could have been.
    When we arrived the porter took us to our room, we carried all our luggage and baby and baby stuff up the stairs, along the corridor and down in the other lift. We found out next day that there was a lift up too. Why we didnt use the lift up I have no idea.....
    It was such a trek each time I had to return to the room with the baby, surely they could have designed the extension slightly better so that there is easier access?
    Although there was room service there was no minibar in the room, just a fridge with milk in it. Which was lovely for the tea. but if there is a fridge why not just fill it?
    Our room could have been cleaner, there had obviously been a red wine accident as it was all up the wall and over the floor. Also, there was a "HAIR" in the sink, clearly visible. and only 1 bathrobe.
    The worst thing was that whilst we were all trying to get ready the water pressure then the water vanished! For a spa hotel I found this bizarre, as a result we were late for the wedding!

Dont let this review put you off, the wedding was great, we had a really nice stay just dont try it with a baby at a wedding.....

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    Reviewed March 6, 2008

Stayed @ the Norton Hotel for a valentines spa weekend. The spa itself was fab, with gym, pool, sauna etc.... with really good treatments available. The food was first class and very healthy (makes a change). The staff couldnt do more for you! Really surprised at how well run it was and how well designed it was (only just opened in Jan I think).
    The hotel was beautiful. The room wasn't the biggest, but then the bed was huge and again everything was state of the art - huge plasma tv, dvd, minibar, tea/coffee facitlites. All decorated to contemporary tastes.
    Stayed in the older part of the hotel, the new modern extension looked even better!!!!! Stayed on dinner/breakfast basis and I have to say that the food and service in the brassarie restaurant was first class! I did not know that salad could taste so good!

Was so impressed with the quaint location (yet minutes from Edinbugh/& airport!) and the quality of service and facilities, am going back with a friend for a pampering in April!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed February 21, 2008

What a fabulous place! We had a long weekend at the Norton House hotel and cannot fault it at all.

We had an executive room and this was certainly worth the little extra it cost. A comfy bed, 42" plasma TV which my husband loved and another TV in the bathroom, just for me! No expense has been spared in these rooms - we had our own balcony too!

We had a meal in Ushers - only 8 tables in the restaurant but the food was out of this world and the staff were fab too! A limited menu for vegetarians though - but the veggie dish I had was superb.

The brasserie is a more relaxed affair, but the food still top notch and there is a lovely bar where we had cocktails!

The brand new spa looked excellent - we just didn't have time to use it - and there are plenty of walks and jogging routes in and around the grounds.

Special touches included the "Do not Disturb" toy labrador which you put outside your room - very cute!

We cannot think of a bad word to say - staff were friendly and welcoming, room was gorgeous and food was to die for! This is a well done mix of old grand hotel and modern contemporary rooms.

We will be going back!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed January 3, 2008

A new extension has been built here recently that I stayed in. It was lovely. 42 inch plasma, tv in bath, seperate rain shower, speakers in bathroom, plenty of space and very nice bed. They could have supplied some more TV channels. Only other downside was the breakfast. They forgot about my order and when it finally turned up after 40 mins it wasn't up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    1  Thank Childe
    Reviewed December 18, 2007

My wife and I stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon as we had to catch an early flight from Edinburgh Airport.

We were in the Edinburgh Suite in the new extension of the hotel and it was absolutely first class. The room was huge and immaculately furnished. Of all the luxury hotels we stayed in on our honeymoon, my wife liked the room here the most.

The service was also great while we were there. I'd reccommend this hotel as a luxurious way to spend a quiet weekend or catch up in the new spa, or to stay over near Edinburgh Airport.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple