$266
Apex Hotels
$643
$498
1,581 results
All reviewsushers restaurantkingdom suiteexperience showerhandpicked hotelsexecutive roombrasserie restaurantgarden suitesteam roomclose to the airportpark and ridelovely hotelrelaxing breakwedding partyfresh milkleisure facilitiesbirthday treatfollowing morning
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here for work and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

I was allocated a room at the end of a corridor, and loved the toy cat on the bed that you could put outside your room to say you did not want to be distrubed. I heard some aircraft noise with it being in close proximity to the airport but nothing that stopped me getting a good night's sleep.

I found all the staff to be very helpful and friendly.

I did get a taxi to the hotel from Edinburgh Wavereley train station and it did take around 30 minutes, with a fare between £22-£27.

I had an enjoyable breakfast and enjoyed listening to the radio that was playing, rather than there being a deafening silence. We also had a working lunch in the Brasserie which was of a good standard.

Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for posting a review following your recent trip on business. I am delighted that you found all our staff to be helpful and friendly and pleased you enjoyed breakfast and your working lunch in the Brasserie. I appreciate you letting us know that you liked listening to the radio at breakfast; this has something we have done since the Brasserie opened and has proven to be very popular with our guests. Thank you again for your kind feedback and for recommending us to future guests.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel before moving to one closer to the city. This gave us a relaxing start to our mini break after a long journey. The spa pool was just the right temperature although the downside is that you have to walk outside of the hotel to reach that facility. Not so good on a cold winter's day. The receptionist at the spa helpfully lent us £1 for the lockers as we only took the room card with us.
Main hotel reception staff were also helpful, making check in and out a speedy process. Other guests had taxi requirements and I noted these were met very speedily. Our room was comfortable and clean with a newly refurbished bathroom. I thoroughly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a treat. As spa treatments were fully booked I was not able to have enjoy this facility so I would advise to book in advance of your stay.

Room Tip: Although we had a room with a refurbished bathroom the instructions for the shower settings were not very clear. Test it before you get in as one control operates three units!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you were looked after by the team and that you found the service levels at reception to be of a high standard. I agree with you that Norton House Hotel and Spa is great for anyone wanting a treat and I thank you for recommending us to other future guests. I do hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed for two nights and used the spa and restaurant facilities both days we were there,first time in a spa for me though my wife is a seasoned spa user ! staff and facilities in the spa were excellent and thouroughly enjoyed the experience.The hotel staff were very helpful and allways had a smile and a hello or goodmorning,we ate in the brasserie both nights the food was good and the service excellent, breakfast was the usual fare and very good as well with plenty of choice for the healthly eater and the not so healthy eater !!. We stayed in an executive room which was roomy and comfortable,the room did have a balcony but it was a bit nippy to enjoy it,bathroom was spacious and good shower with the novelty TV in the tiles at the end of the bath,all in all a very enjoyable and relaxing two days

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I am very grateful for you taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor regarding your recent visit to Norton House. I am delighted that you had an excellent break and that you were able to use the facilities in our spa and enjoyed the experience. I am pleased that you found all the staff helpful and the service received was excellent throughout your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having just had afternoon tea at this hotel cost is 18.50pp I cant recommend it high enough. Lady was very attentive the range of loose teas on offer or coffee was very good, you get a little timer telling you when it is ready for drinking, plus a range of sandwiches scones and little cakes was very good. This can be obtained from 10.00 throughout the day but if you wanted something hot they have a menu called elevenses, but can also be gotten through out the day for 15.50pp and this includes some soup, sausage rolls, bagels plus tea orcoffee.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit for afternoon tea. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience and that you found the staff attentive and the quality of food good. You are correct in saying afternoon tea can be enjoyed at any time of the day and we do have a very popular elevenses menu served in our lounges. Thank you again for your great feedback and for recommending us to future guests.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and used the spa and restaurant facilities whilst here. I was extremely pleased with every aspect of this hotel and the customer service thought all departments was refreshing in today's climate. Thank you to all who made our stay faultless.

Yes the restaurant is pricey, but the food was outstanding and I did not feel we had been over charged for the quality.

I can be quite critical but I am simply astounded at ow good this place is and would thoroughly recommend to anyone thinking of staying here.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

What a lovely review thank you. I am delighted that you found our hotel faultless and that you were pleased with all aspects of your stay. Attentive natural service is something we aspire to and the team will be delighted to know that after reading your review they achieved that goal. It is very much appreciated that you recommend us to future guests and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.