$196
Apex Hotels
$449
$367
1,594 results
All reviewsushers restaurantkingdom suiteexperience showerhandpicked hotelsexecutive roombrasserie restaurantgarden suitesteam roomclose to the airportpark and ridelovely hotelrelaxing breakwedding partyfresh milkleisure facilitiesbirthday treatfollowing morning
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having just had afternoon tea at this hotel cost is 18.50pp I cant recommend it high enough. Lady was very attentive the range of loose teas on offer or coffee was very good, you get a little timer telling you when it is ready for drinking, plus a range of sandwiches scones and little cakes was very good. This can be obtained from 10.00 throughout the day but if you wanted something hot they have a menu called elevenses, but can also be gotten through out the day for 15.50pp and this includes some soup, sausage rolls, bagels plus tea orcoffee.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit for afternoon tea. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience and that you found the staff attentive and the quality of food good. You are correct in saying afternoon tea can be enjoyed at any time of the day and we do have a very popular elevenses menu served in our lounges. Thank you again for your great feedback and for recommending us to future guests.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and used the spa and restaurant facilities whilst here. I was extremely pleased with every aspect of this hotel and the customer service thought all departments was refreshing in today's climate. Thank you to all who made our stay faultless.

Yes the restaurant is pricey, but the food was outstanding and I did not feel we had been over charged for the quality.

I can be quite critical but I am simply astounded at ow good this place is and would thoroughly recommend to anyone thinking of staying here.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

What a lovely review thank you. I am delighted that you found our hotel faultless and that you were pleased with all aspects of your stay. Attentive natural service is something we aspire to and the team will be delighted to know that after reading your review they achieved that goal. It is very much appreciated that you recommend us to future guests and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just back from a mid week stay at Norton House. We upgraded to a junior suite and on entering were very pleased with the decor and furnishings. We had a lovely bathroom downstairs with tile tv, a really large tv in the bedroom and upstairs in the sitting room yet another tv! The wet room upstairs was lovely with plenty space for two. My only slight criticism was the dust, our suite could have benefitted from a quick once over with a duster. We dined there on our first evening and were surprised with champagne and canopies. The food was excellent, absolutely no complaints. Breakfast was OK - not the standard of the night before and portions were a bit meagre. I ordered the poached haddock and it must have been the littlest haddock ever caught - more sardine size! The spa facilities are very good although the changing rooms were very hairy.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review following your recent mid week stay. I am delighted you had a relaxing break and that you liked your room. It is great that you enjoyed your dinner and that you were able to indulge in some champagne before your meal. I take on board your comments in regard to Housekeeping and portion sizes at breakfast and will relay this to the relevant departments to address with their teams. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We ordered a Bordeaux 2000 for dinner, a modest wine at an immodest price of 44 pounds. The waitress brought it to the table and tried to open it without taking the capsule off. Result? A broken cork and a waste of the hotel's 44 quid inventory. No interest in the customers in front of her, a sense we had to hurry to order and no sense of enjoyment. Shame, the food wasn't bad, if formulaic. She just didn't care, didn't smile once and she seemed to harbour a sense of resentment.

Breakfast in the morning, same thing. 'Pancakes with maple syrup'? Not so. Pancakes yes, maple syrup? Nah. I'm from an an American family, I should know. Coffee? No thought to water temperature. Decent coffee burnt by lack of care. Croissants? If there was a molecule of butter in those limp rags I'd be amazed. Freshly squeezed orange juice? All orange juice is fresh at the time of squeezing but that was squeezed a long, long time ago.

There was one word to describe the service: lazy. But inaccurate information, disinterested and perfunctory would do as well.

Room Tip: Make sure the room doesn't back onto the car park.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Norton House Hotel & Spa. I was disappointed that your experiences were not to our usual high standards and I apologise for this. I have spoken to the Food and Beverage Manager who will address these issues with his team. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback; it is with points such as these that we can continue to improve the hotels standards.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have just come back from a night away at Norton House and felt compelled to write a review (which I have never done for any hotel on any website).

I booked it as a surprised from my wife for our 1 year anniversary. Booked a deluxe room and when we arrived we had been upgraded to a junior suite. The room was amazing!

We had dinner in the Brassiere, the food is amazing. I had the chorizo salad, haddock and chips and sticky toffee pudding. It couldnt have been nicer. The breakfast was just as good. The service for both dinner and breakfast was outstanding.

We used the spa twice. It is one of the nicest pool areas I have been too and I have been to many 4/5 star hotels. The hydropool is awesome.

I cant wait to go again!

If you have any doubts about going, put those aside. The hotel is excellent and I recommend anyone to go.

3  Thank andythom

What a super review you have posted on Trip advisor. I am delighted you had such a lovely time and that you chose us to celebrate your first wedding anniversary. I was pleased we were able to upgrade you to a junior suite and it is great to see that you found it amazing. Thank you for your kind comments about all aspects of your stay and for recommending us to future guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.