$124
$251
$163
Radisson Blu
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$144
$250
$170
$95
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
$353
$196
Priceline
  • Room Service
$502
$400
1,584 results
All reviewsushers restaurantkingdom suiteexperience showerhandpicked hotelsexecutive roombrasserie restaurantgarden suitesteam roomclose to the airportpark and ridelovely hotelrelaxing breakwedding partyfresh milkleisure facilitiesbirthday treatfollowing morning
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were highly disgusted by the 3 hour wait for our main meal on a special day (mothers day) it was not only the fact that we had to wait but also the fact we had to leave and also our children were getting bored and there were no aspects of entertainment for them to enjoy! We were also disgusted in the fact that nobody offered us a drink or asked if we were okay! Overall not pleased.

• Stayed: March 2013
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your review and I am deeply sorry that you feel we ruined your day. To receive negative feedback about our service and specifically regarding duration of meals is extremely rare, and I have since discussed Sunday lunch service with the restaurant management team on duty who were unaware of any problems that you have raised. If you could contact me on cmonks@handpicked.co.uk and provide me with your contact details, I will ensure one of our management team contacts you to discuss your experience.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just returned home from a fantastic overnight at the Norton House hotel, I have to write this review to let people know how great our overnight was. From the moment we arrived the lovely receptionist Jennifer couldn't do enough to help us and give us all the information we needed to make our stay great, (Thank you) we had afternoon tea which our Mum's are still raving about how good it was, our evening meal was delicious and service fab & breakfast fab too, all the staff were very polite and helpful, spa was great and our executive rooms lovely (recommend executive rooms) will be making a trip back soon with my husband. Loved this hotel

Room Tip: Executive rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

What a great review thank you. I am thrilled that you had a fantastic time and were pleased with all aspects of your stay - especially the food and your executive rooms. It is great that you found all the team polite and helpful. Jennifer was very pleased that she got special praise in your review. I have thanked Jen personally for your feedback and she asked me to convey her thanks to you. I am delighted that you plan to make a trip back with your husband and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My Wife Marie and I enjoyed our stay at the Norton House Hotel. It is near to Edinburgh Airport and convenient to Edinburgh Centre. I was involved in a meeting all day Sturday so Marie took the opportunity to travel into the City to meet an old friend. The Hotel looked after us very well. We dined with our hostess on the Friday evening after lunching in the Hotel Brasserie and found the food and service very good. Saturday's working lunch in the Brasserie was very good and we dined out that evening. Breakfasts were very good but the serving arrangements were rather quaint not quite self-service as the cooked breakfasts were served when there was a waiter on duty at the heated area. Sunday's breakfast was a busy time and it took several reminders before our order of Toast was delivered. The other peculiarity were the forks in the restaurants which all tended to taper inwards (by design) and at times made for difficulty eating.
We did not make use of the Spa as it necessitated an outdoor walk from Hotel to that facility and the weather precluded such perambulation! The bedroom was very good as were the facilities and the Meeting Room and services were very good. In all a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: As the Hotel handles a lot of business and wedding trade I would advise asking for a room where there will not be much 'traffic' Rooms 101-108 are a bit further away from reception but very acceptable. The Hotel leaves a toy cat in bedrooms which can be purchased as a memento (or be charged for if removed sans permisso) and to leave outsdie bedroom door as advice to staff Not To Disturb - interesting touch!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I am grateful for you taking the time to complete a review following your trip on business in February. I am delighted that you and your wife Marie had an enjoyable stay and that you found your bedroom and meeting room facilities to be very good. I am pleased that you were looked after in the brasserie during your stay and that you found the food offering to be very good. Sunday breakfasts are very busy in the restaurant but you should not have had to remind our team to deliver your toast. Please accept my apology that this was the case. Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My Partner and I stayed at the Norton House Edinburgh for two nights 1st/2nd of March, Booking by Telephone to central reservations, extremely pleasant young Lady made our booking on the morning we were to travel so easy. Arriving at the Hotel around 15-00hrs to be greeted by polite and welcoming staff in the reception area, one young bubble young Lady then showed us to our room, chatting all the way with information about the Hotel. The room was large and spacious with a Patio garden area, Bath Robes etc in the bathroom, every where spotless clean and warm, delightful.
Following unpack visited the Spa, good sized pool, showers Sauna,Steam room not over crowded in any area, Girls at Spa reception most helpful.
Breakfast very good with plenty of choice and served hot by pleasant staff, in fact all the staff at the Hotel were of the highest quality smart and courteous not found in many places these days. So good Hotel, good sleep,good food, good staff, and not far from Park and ride into Edinburgh.
Will be back later in the year and thanks to all at Norton House.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a fantastic review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Norton House. I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you found all our staff to be pleasant and courteous. I am delighted that you plan to return later in the year and on behalf of all the team at the hotel I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Me and my husband booked in for one night at Norton hotel to get away from it all. We had a lovely relaxing weekend. We booked a standard room and it was gorgeous, The bed was massive and so soft. I dislike it when hotels where they give you stiff sheets - this was perfect. They even provide you will real milk for your tea/coffee! We were fortunate to get a quiet end room with a lovely view out the window. The spa was excellent and thoroughly recommend the hydro pool!
Now the food....the Brasserie restaurant has a pretty nice ambiance . The meal started very badly with the 'bread basket' bizarre - three tiny pieces of bread with lashings of olive oil. Not warm and we were pretty disappointed My husband ordered ox cheek and it was awesome. I ordered the caramelised onion tart and whilst the sides were lovely...the tart itself was honestly like a desert. The topping tasted the same as apple crumble. I mentioned this to the waitress and she admitted they'de had the same complaint about a previous tart on the menu. So a spot on meal and one that was a bit wrong! None the less presentation was lovely and the staff were very friendly without being fussy.
My husband travels to hotels frequently with work so he knows a lot about what makes a good continental breakfast. He was really let down! There was very little choice of fruits and pastries and I didn't see any yoghurts. I ordered the pancakes and maple syrup - they weren't anything amazing. I think they need to work on their pancake recipe so they are lovely and fresh tasting! I almost feel bad about writing this though because the staff at breakfast were all lovely and so helpful.
So our only reservations come down to the breakfast because evening meal was on the whole a very nice experience minor the things mentioned. The girl on the front desk showed us to our room and even took us right in and showed us around. My husband said this is the best welcome he had and was so impressed she even showed us around. She went to a great deal of effort to swap our complimentary wine from red to white when there was some reservation as to whether it was allowed.
All in all we would definitely come back but please can you take a look at your tart recipe/bread basket for and breakfast menu!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jane-ewan

Thank you for posting a review following your overnight stay in February. I am delighted that you had a relaxing weekend and that you liked your room and enjoyed the spa. I do take on board your feedback regarding your dining experiences; these comments have been discussed with our Food & Beverage team who welcome all feedback as it helps them to constantly monitor and change service and food offerings to our guests. I am pleased that you found all the staff at breakfast lovely and helpful and especially pleasing is your husband’s comment that the welcome and rooming experience on arrival was the best he had received. It is great that you would come back to our hotel and I thank you again for your constructive review.