This hotel has lots going for it. Great setting, lovely rooms, good food, lovely spa. I might give it another try because it is so nice but there are plenty places like it. However, service at both our evening meal and at breakfast was pretty bad. Ou evening meal took ages to come and when it did arrive it was the main course with no starter. They then brought the starter with the main.This was a forgiveable oversight as it was the Valentine weekend and they were busy. BUT at the buffet breakfast there appeared to be no one charged with refilling items and I had to wait for yoghurt and then later for butter for quite some time while some one fetched them. I even saw the waitress go and do a couple of other jobs while I waited and I eventually had to remind her that I was in fact still waiting. So not so happy.
I had a massage at the spa where I quickly realised that hard meant unbearable so had to ask her to dial back on the firmness which she did but I still had a sore back for 4 days after. The facial was heavenly though.
I stupidly left my favourite necklace in a robe pocket. When I realised the next day I went to ask if they could look for it and left £10 as a token of thanks for looking through dozens of dirty robes. I was hopeful it might be found as I was told the cleaning company hadn't come to collect the robes yet. The girl was very nice and didn't want to accept the money and said someone would be in touch. I left all my details and heard nothing for a week. I phoned to be told that there was no sign and the robes had gone to the cleaners so they were looking and someone had tried to get in touch although I had no missed calls or messages. They said they couldn't accept the money and would return it to me. I have still not heard any more and it is now 10 days after I phoned them. So although it was totally my own fault for losing the necklace I feel that the spa staff gave me mixed messages and didn't follow through on what they said
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers a fine dining three AA Rosette Restaurant in Edinburgh and the popular contemporary Brasserie in Edinburgh. Norton House Hotel and Spa, four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland