We booked a spa day and an evening meal in the Brasserie to celebrate my mother's 60th Birthday.
We started by arriving just after lunch for our 'elevenses spa day for two' - despite our late arrival (I had a long journey to get there) the staff were warm and welcoming and very quickly made us feel very at ease.
When our food came, the 'elevenses', we were very impressed. Just the right amount of food and the soup was delicious!
Next it was my massage, which was great, very relaxing and also Jade was very helpful with suggestions for aftercare. The spa facilities are excellent, and the experience shower was certainly that!
We left the spa relaxed and refreshed and headed across to the hotel. We had originally booked a classic room for my parents to stay overnight, but my dad was offered an upgrade to the Kingdom Suite upon his arrival, I think this made their evening that bit more special! The suite is fantastic, the free standing bath is something you would expect to see in a boutique hotel! Very impressed!
The meal was wonderful, one of our guests is fairly handicapped, the staff were so accommodating in giving us enough space. The food was fantastic, other than my two year old I'm pretty sure we all cleared out plates! Staff were attentive without being intrusive- and we all left happy and full!
Overall, a fantastic hotel, lovely rooms and feast facilities. But what makes it stand out is the brilliant attitude of every single staff member we encountered. Thank you for a wonderful evening!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland