overnight with Mum and sisters instead of Christmas presents to each other and much better than getting gifts! Booked 2 twin rooms - turned out to be one above the other - but the rooms were so spacious with a good-sized seating area that we spent all the time in one room apart from meals, a trip to pool and sleep. Huge TV, very comfy beds, heating controls so room was at a temperature of our choosing, fresh milk for cuppa and a relaxing bathroom with a tv in the tiles! View was over car park but was still lovely as there was plenty of greenery. Hotel is close to airport but I only heard one plane the whole time and was surprised how quiet the hotel was.
We stayed in the newer part of hotel (exec room) - I am more of a traditionalist but sister likes modern style - however, I thought room was excellent. Our rooms didn't have a balcony like the others in new section but I think this gave us a larger room and in January you don't tend to need to sit outside!
Spa is built in old walled garden but is very modern.
Food excellent (Brasserie). We had a minor issue with one meal and without any quibbles, this was dealt with more than satisfactorily.
Service also excellent - very helpful staff who treated us like regulars (thanks especially to Jennifer on reception).
Spa offering deals during January and I am lucky enough to live reasonably close so will hopefully be back there this weekend as well!
Was told that the older part has had bathrooms done up recently and bedroom areas due to be redecorated soon so would like to try of the traditional rooms next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland