“Don't forget to put the cat out”

Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
Ranked #44 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just had a three day break over Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed it . Stopped in a executive room in the room in the new part of the hotel only downside to the room was being confronted by a car park when you opened the door just felt it lacked privacy. The room it self was a high standard finish and clean , it had everything you needed from fridge, safe , TV with sports channels , iron , DVD player and TV in the bathroom. The don't disturb sign was a cat which you found in the room which was quite a funny view in the morning on the way for breakfast with all these cats sitting outside the doors .The staff where very helpful and could not do enough for you with the hotel finished in the same high standards as the rooms . The hotel is located near the airport so slight aircraft noise but was not to much to spoil the stay, might get more in the summer. Location is also five minutes from a park and ride in to Edinburgh easiest way to get in to the centre free to park and 1.40 per person adults half price children each way drops you off on princess street the main street.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ronnie_MacKay, General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of your Christmas visit to our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself so much during your stay with us. It is correct that you room overlooked the car park, as do the majority of our Executive rooms, but we have invested a lot of time and money to ensure that there is plenty of landscaping around the car park. Our “Do not disturb” cat, Maisie, has proved very popular with our guests and a lot of our younger guests like to take one of her brothers or sisters home as a souvenir.

There are newer reviews for Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were upgraded on entry to a fabulous suite called the 'Kingdom Suite' which was the largest room I have ever stayed in...absolutely stunning & supremely comfortable super size bed, panoramic balcony with garden views, wonderful selection of coffees, teas, gobsmackingly gorgeous bathroom with the most luxurious roll top bath I have ever seen complete with fluffy towels and bathrobes and slippers and complimentary glossies. We ordered a celebratory cream tea in the room which was absolutely exquisite and five star standard.

The spa and swimming pool was gorgeous and empty when we stayed - so we felt thoroughly spoilt through and through. This was incredible. 100% five star experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fleur2812

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your visit to Norton House Hotel and Spa. I was delighted to read how much you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Hubby & I treated ourselves to one night and were bowled over by this lovely hotel! The staff were friendly and charming from the moment we arrived; everything was clean, tidy and organised to a superb standard. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere - calm, luxurious and quiet opulence.All the food was lovely and no detail missed. Thoroughly recommended if you want to feel special, pampered and relaxed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjandherdog
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

I am very grateful for you taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Norton House Hotel & Spa. It was fantastic to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and that you found all the staff friendly and charming. The hotel does have a lovely atmosphere especially at this time of year and I thank you for recommending it to others. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not to distant future.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

lovely hotel wish we could have stayed longer! room was lovely, modern but comfortable, absolutely loved the heated floor in the bathroom!! dinner in the brasserie was fantastic, service was incredible, breakfast was excellent, cant express how impressed I am! Cant wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for posting such a fantastic review of our hotel. It is great to read that you found the service and food in the brasserie incredible and that you enjoyed breakfast and your room so much. The heated floors in our executive bathrooms are excellent especially during cold winter months and I am delighted that you loved them. It is also very pleasing to know that you cannot wait to return, and I do look forward to welcoming you back at that time.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Was here on Business trip and hotel was excellent, we had a meal served in one of the private function rooms and from starter to sweet it was superb, staff were really friendly.
After meal we went to bar area for drinks where again staff were really friendly and came round asking if everyone was ok.
We had our sales meeting and were served a buffy style lunch which again was fantastic, first day Thai green curry, second day was shepherds pie, along with sandwiches, wraps, etc.
would definitely recommend this for pleasure and for business trips.
Unfortunately I did not have time to visit spa (maybe next time)

Room Tip: We were in the new rooms which were a 5 star
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review on trip advisor following your recent stay on business, I am delighted that you found the food to be superb and the staff to be friendly. It is also very encouraging to read that you recommend us as both a venue for pleasure and business. I look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House, where next time you may get the chance to use the facilities in our Health Club & Spa.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was here with on a spa day. this is a lovely experience.I had my nails done. if this is your first time you get a tour round the whole spa. the swimming pool is good as not to deep. I personally loved the experience shower as the fragrance makes you smell lovely. the hydro pool is so relaxing . after that I went to the amber room where you can get some fruit and juice free then I got called for my nails. there is toilets dotted around the place. the relaxation room is brilliant if you are maybe tried as it is dark and quiet. this is a lovely place and would go back again!!! staff are lovely!! 3>

Room Tip: if you are at swimming pool get bed as far as you can away from the hydro pool as this makes a reall...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cooper117
Ronnie_MacKay, General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you so much for posting a lovely review of your Spa Day here at Norton House Hotel. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed yourself. We are very proud of the achievements of the team in the Spa and I will ensure that they are aware of your review; they will take great encouragement from your kind comments. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Spa in the near future.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We've stayed here on several occasions and got married in the garden suite in May 2011. After looking round several venues we decided that we wouldn't get better than the Norton House - it was perfect. So, as a treat to each other for christmas, my husband and I booked to come back for a night in an executive room. Upon arrival we were informed that we had been upgraded free of charge to the Kingdom Suite - probably the most amazing room I've seen in my life. We were so touched that they remembered who we were and the level of care and attention we got. We even had a handwritten card and chocolates waiting in the room for us. Food was excellent as usual and we enjoyed the rasul mud treatment in the spa where again the staff couldn't be more pleasant or helpful. We love it here and will keep coming back time and time again.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you so much for writing a review on Trip advisor following your recent stay with us, I am delighted that the team recognised you from your previous bookings and that they upgraded you to the kingdom Suite. Upgrades are something that are not always possible but when rooms are available to allow this, they can be that little touch that makes your stay so special. Thank you for your kind and positive comments about all the aspects of your stay and it is great that you will return time and time again. I look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House very soon.