1,594 results
All reviewsushers restaurantkingdom suiteexperience showerhandpicked hotelsexecutive roombrasserie restaurantgarden suitesteam roomclose to the airportpark and ridelovely hotelrelaxing breakwedding partyfresh milkleisure facilitiesbirthday treatfollowing morning
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We recently visited for a 'For You with Love' spa day. The rate included a 25 minute treatment (we upgraded for an additional £12 each to 55 minutes), use of the spa and leisure facilities and afternoon tea with a glass of champagne.

This has been the best spa day I have experienced. Every member of staff from the reception team, to the therapist, to the waiter was pleasant, courteous and friendly. Our 'spa host' collected us and showed us around. The decor was modern and very clean. The main lounge had a range of drinks and fruit for while you were waiting and an enclosed outdoor patio area for sitting in the sunshine. We had our own lockers with the usual robe, towel and slippers.

The massage was the best I have had in years (therapist - Rose) and the treatment room was luxurious and relaxing. The massage bed can be adjusted to your preference (legs as well as upper body) and the heated towels were very welcome.

The spa facilities were impressive. The hydro pool was large enough to accommodate several people without any awkwardness about sitting with people you do not know. The sauna was twice the size of one I recently visited at another 4* hotel and the pool is a 20m pool which is good for relaxation as well as leisure. Loungers are placed all around the pool.

As for the afternoon tea - fantastic. A huge range of sandwiches, scones and cakes served with a big pot of tea and a glass of champagne.

We were made to feel really special and everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome, even though it was busy that day with two weddings. The best spa experience I have ever had, we decided there and then that this would become an annual event. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cuttlefish_9
Ronnie_MacKay, General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a lovely review of your Spa day with us at Norton House Hotel and Spa. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed yourself and I will ensure that the team in the Spa are made aware of your comments, especially Rose. The staff in the Spa do go out of their way to make sure our guests feel pampered and I am glad that you appreciated their efforts so much. I do hope that you will indeed make a trip to our Spa an annual event and we look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing day in the future.

Kind regards

R MacKay

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at the Norton house for a wedding, we booked for 3 nights - The hotel staff is what makes this place great. Attentive, warm and welcoming. helpful at all stages. The grounds are well kept, the beds in the room was MASSIVE, huge tv and clean bathroom. I did count at least 6 weddings happened from the Friday to Monday that we were there but you never felt like they were "conveyor belting".
The buffet breakfast was first class, lots of choice, cold and hot food.
To stay here is not cheap, my bill came to just under £400 for 3 nights. On this basis, i would return,but maybe only for one night......

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of Norton House Hotel and Spa after you recent stay with us. I trust that you enjoyed the wedding that you attended. We are very popular for weddings but we do ensure that each one is looked after individually. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your lovely comments to the team; they will be very encouraged by them. I do hope that we will see you back at Norton House in the future. We have various great value packages available at various times of the year to look out for. Thank you again for your kind words.

Best regards

R MacKay

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were attending a wedding at Norton House so decided to stay the night. Unfortunately we did not get to spend much time in our room which was a pity as it was spacious and bright (despite being on the basement level.) The big and tv were huge and the bathroom clean and modern. There was also a dvd player in our (standard double) room.

We ordered room service breakfast and it came promptly and was very tasty and still hot. There is a good selection for vegetarians and the potato scones were some of the nicest I've ever eaten. We did not eat in the restaurant so can't comment.

We use the leisure facilities before we left and the staff were happy for us to use these after we had checked out which we appreciated, having not had time to use them the day before. The leisure facilities were the real highlight of the hotel. They are spotlessly clean and feel very luxurious. Definitely 5* standard. The jacuzzi is huge and we could have sat in it all day, it was so relaxing. We enjoyed the sauna and steam room and the pool was just the right temperature. You got easily spend a whole afternoon there and not get bored.

The wedding we attended ran flawlessly and the service on the day was impecable. The staff really went out there way to help you. The hotel has some lovely grounds which made for some lovely wedding pictures. As I was part of the wedding party, I had the added bonus of being able to spend some time in one of the suites, which the bride was staying in. The suit was beautiful with two bathooms and a seperate living area upstairs. I would definitely reccommend staying in one of these for a special occasion.

I really can't fault the hotel in any way, apart from maybe saying that the rooms rates are quite expensive. However, I think they really are worth every penny. Hopefully they will have some special offers on so we can return soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

I really appreciate the time you have taken to feedback your comments with regard to your recent stay whilst attending a wedding at the hotel.
I am delighted that the wedding you attended ran flawlessly and that you found the service impeccable, I will pass your comments onto the team who will take great encouragement from your kind words.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not to distant future, where you could stay on one of our fantastic leisure break promotions that are regularly advertised on our website.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We got married at the Norton House Hotel on Sunday 29th July. We arrived on the Friday and checked out on the Monday. During our entire stay the staff we're helpful, polite and really seemed to want to make our stay memorable. As friends and family arrived they all said the same, special mention should go to Jennifer on reception who dealt with most of our guests and was able to move my parents to a new room when they got bed envy! She also made a special effort to remember what room we were all in, and in particular to call me by my married name once we had been married.

The hotel is nicely decorated and extremely comfortable, everyone was very happy about their room, and in particular how comfortable the beds were. We had both dinner and breakfasts at the hotel, and the food was excellent -  nothing was too much trouble,at the last minute they were even able to accommodate one of our guests who had a gluten allergy and had forgotten to mention it until the day before!

We mentioned in passing to a couple of members of staff that we had planned to meet about 20 of our wedding guests for drinks the night before the big day, and that we may possibly be eating, so when I went off to the restaurant to organise a table for us all I was amazed to find the hotel had already set up and reserved a table of 20 for us, and had no trouble serving us all. Brilliant service.

The wedding- we organised our entire wedding in about 7 weeks due to a poorly relative, and both Kirsten and Jeanettetarim the events team were wonderful. We live over 300 miles from the venue so only  had a brief visit after we had booked, but they dealt with all our queries via email and phone, and when we arrived to visit the hotel we knew we were in safe hands.

On the day we were guided through matters by the duty manager Callum, whom we met the previous day for a quick run through. He was extremely professional and helpful on the day, changing the timings for things to accommodate our guests, and following me round with a glass of champagne whilst I was doing my photos to make sure I had a drink. The level of service from both Callum and his team was superb, the food on the day was amazing, we had comments that it was the best wedding food people had ever had.

In Summary thanks to the professionalism and standards of the staff at the hotel it looked like we had spent months organising the day, we both had a perfect wedding day and the icing on the cake was the manager moving all our luggage to the Edinburgh suite for our wedding night, which is a beautiful room. We both can't wait to come back and visit again.

Mr and Mrs Harris.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review following your recent wedding at Norton House, I am delighted that you had a perfect wedding day and that the experience exceeded your expectations. Your comments regarding the staff, food and service are very much appreciated. I know the team look at Trip Advisor on a regular basis and I am sure they will take great delight when reading your review. I have already spoken personally to Jennifer, Callum, Kirsten and Janette to thank them for receiving special recognition.
I wish you all the best for the future and look forward to seeing you back at our hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Close to the airport with a great setting, could have happily stayed a lot longer. Staff very helpfull, rooms were excellent, food very nice. We had 2 rooms booked and both were far better than we expected. Stat Nav had trouble locating it but got there in the end best to print driving directions. Happy to recomend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay at Norton House and for recommending us as a venue for future guests.
I am delighted you found the staff helpful and that you found the rooms excellent and better than you expected.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Norton House in the future, and hopefully next time you will get to stay longer