“Good facilities - Poor staff particularly the owner who is extremely rude”

Skirmish Edinburgh Paintball
Reviewed December 8, 2014

The facilities of skirmish paintball are very good. Things are a bit expensive. Owner is very rude and tells you the absolute minimum. He then subsequently rips you off by not telling you about additional costs. Free lunch and coffee was advertised as we were a big group however the owner did not tell us that we had to play a certain number of games to receive this. We were not given the opportunity to play the required amount of games as the marshalls somehow lie and say that there are not enough people with paintballs to play on. At one point we were told during the day that we would at least play 2 more games so went back to base to purchase more paintballs. Soon to find out as soon as we walk to the first game "we will only be playing one game" subsequently people were forced to shoot their paintballs at tin cans. Highly disappointing and misleading from the staff who run the business. Marshall's were very friendly though.

1  Thank G156
"marshalls"
in 8 reviews
"activity"

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I visited Skirmish as part of a Stag weekend this week.

We were greeted by staff who did not seem to know what was going on. They had great difficulty finding enough equipment for everyone. The equipment was dirty.

On the play field the briefings were poor, the staff did a poor job of organising teams and explaining the game rules to people. It felt like it was everyone's first day on the job.

The whole day felt like amateur hour. I would stay away from Skirmish and go somewhere else in future.

3  Thank marc_omorain
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had a good day here for a friend's birthday. In all the 3 hours we spent here was spread out so that we only had one hour of paintballing. Good staff, and the games we did play were good but paintballs were expensive and could easily use up more than given at the beginning with the deal we had. But the original deal wasn't too expensive for paintballing and it was good fun. No sign of the free tea/coffee or anything advertised.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was given a voucher for 10 people all equipment and 100 paintballs. I also paid £160 up front for 20 extra pots. The set up is great with well organised games which are good fun. My group was a mix of adults and 13/14 year old boys, everyone had a great time. The staff are very helpful and a good laugh.
On the downside the masks steam up quickly making it very hard to see but I've had this problem at other paintball venues so I don't think its exclusive to skirmish.
One word of advice would be to use your paint sparingly (easy to say, hard in practice) once used its £10 for another pot, some in our party used nearly 3 pots in 2 games and with 6 games in a half day session it could work out very expensive.
Overall a great day out but take a spare pair of old boots/ trainers to wear on the day as it can get very muddy if its been raining.

2  Thank Rory M