I stayed here with three friends and we all were very impressed with this place. We were greeted with a very warm welcome when we arrived, and both Gary and Lizzie were very friendly and helpful during our stay. They provided us with a map of the area locating good places to eat/drink, and busses into town etc. The guesthouse looks quite newly decorated inside, everything is clean and modern. Our family room was pretty and had comfy beds and complimentary tea and biscuits, and a clean, modern bathroom with complimentary shampoo. I forgot my toothbrush but they had an emergency stock for things like that so I was impressed!
Breakfast was lovely, there was juices and tea and coffee, cereals, fruit, yoghurt, chocolate slice, and you could choose from a pastry breakfast or a cooked scottish breakfast or the daily special. Everything was delicous (though I wasn't brave enough to try the haggis!)
The guesthouse is a little way from the centre of town, but not too far. There are lots of busses that go down the main road near the guesthouse, that would probably be around a 10 min ride (we took a taxi each time as there were 4 of us to split the cost).
All in all I highly recommend this place and would definately stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsway is a great value AA four star gold rated guest house offering the warmest of Scottish hospitality, located just one mile from Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile. Always * BOOK DIRECT FOR BEST PRICE * Our stylish rooms are comfortable, cosy with all you will need for a great stay and our freshly cooked Scottish breakfasts with daily specials have won an AA breakfast awards for the last 4 years for quality and use of local produce. Rooms offer comfortable beds, fluffy towels, TV/DVD, internet radio, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryer. We can offer our guests great local information to help enjoy their visit to Edinburgh, complementary high speed wifi and also use of our private off street car park. There is an excellent selection of cafes, restaurants and pubs within 5 - 10 minutes walk of the guest house. You can find more details and useful information about Edinburgh's sights and events on the KingswayGuestHouse FB page and also follow us on twitter/ instagram at KingswayEdin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kingsway Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsway Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Kingsway Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland