My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week and both felt it was one of the best places we have ever stayed, with the loveliest hosts! It was easy to find with a sat nav and there is free private parking behind the guesthouse. When we arrived we were given a map of local amenities including pub and restaurant recommendations - this was really helpful as the B&B is about a 20 min brisk walk into the city centre and so after a day of sightseeing it was great to have some ideas for where to go to eat/drink that weren't too far (Hewat's, Il Positano, Metropole & Reverie all recommended). There are regular buses from around the corner though if you want to get into town, or a taxi was around £6. We had room 7 which was a large room on the top floor - it was spotlessly clean and very spacious, with comfy beds. The room was made up for us every day and I don't know if it was a coincidence or deliberately timed - but it always seemed to be done by the time we got back from breakfast, so we were never disturbed. The breakfasts were great - you fill in your breakfast forms the night before, ticking which items you'd like. There was plenty of choice - full Scottish breakfast, a pastry option, and a 'daily special' which included things like waffles, pancakes, bagels (my boyfriend tried the waffles and the pancakes, highly recommended!) - and there was plenty of cereal, juice, fruit and flapjacks available each day to help yourself to. The breakfasts were all freshly cooked, piping hot and delicious - kept us filled up until tea time each day! Lizzie & Gary were the perfect hosts, both so friendly, chatty, and happy to help out - we got some great suggestions of places to visit while we were there which we were grateful for. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone visiting Edinburgh and we will definitely be staying here again next time we visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingsway is a great value AA four star gold rated guest house offering the warmest of Scottish hospitality, located just one mile from Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile. Always * BOOK DIRECT FOR BEST PRICE * Our stylish rooms are comfortable, cosy with all you will need for a great stay and our freshly cooked Scottish breakfasts with daily specials have won an AA breakfast awards for the last 4 years for quality and use of local produce. Rooms offer comfortable beds, fluffy towels, TV/DVD, internet radio, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryer. We can offer our guests great local information to help enjoy their visit to Edinburgh, complementary high speed wifi and also use of our private off street car park. There is an excellent selection of cafes, restaurants and pubs within 5 - 10 minutes walk of the guest house. You can find more details and useful information about Edinburgh's sights and events on the KingswayGuestHouse FB page and also follow us on twitter/ instagram at KingswayEdin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kingsway Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsway Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Kingsway Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland