“Lovely guest house with warm hospitality! I'd choose it again!”

Sherwood Guest House
Ranked #35 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We spent 5 nights in "Sherwood guest house" which is a family business. Susan and David, the owners, were extremely friendly and polite and made our stay nice and warm. It is a clean, decent place to stay with nice decoration. The breakfast was really good! Fresh brewed coffee, fruits, variety of cheeses and bread. croissant... Almost everything someone needs for a good start before running around the city. I totally recommend it in friends and I would choose it again in my next visit in Edinburgh. Absolute value for money!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
edinburghsherwood, Owner at Sherwood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you, It is lovely when we have great guests like yourselves. Susan & Dave

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife, daughter and I spent four days at Sherwood Guest House in October and would certainly recommend it. Susan and David were very helpful indeed and went out of their way to find bus details, order a taxi and give us other details we needed to know as first time visitors to Edinburgh.
The room was large and was cleaned properly every day. Cost was moderate and we certainly felt we had value for our money.
Breakfast was very good.
We would stay there again if visiting Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Ask for the largest room in the hoose.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank voxviator
edinburghsherwood, Owner at Sherwood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you. You guys were a delight to have. Let us know if you ever plan to return Susan & Dave

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had a lovely stay here at the Family run guest house. I was at a conference and still hadn't checked in by 10pm, I rang and it wasn't a problem at all. They were so accommodating. When I arrived at 10.30pm I was greeted and shown to my room. My room was lovely and warm, spotlessly clean and felt Cosy. The breakfast was great. And I would definitely go back with my partner or recommend this to others. It's good for conferences at the John McIntyre centre also (it's just round the corner). I felt really comfortable and nothing was a bother for either of the owners, both husband and wife were lovely and for a single travelling female (28) feeling safe and welcome was a big thing for me!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
edinburghsherwood, Owner at Sherwood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Thank you for a lovely review. Please come back anytime and we'll do our best to ensure you enjoy your return visit as much as your first. Thanks again Susan & Dave

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I had an absolutely lovely stay with David and Susan! The bed was comfortable and nicely decorated. The bathroom was small, but perfectly equipped. But really, a good B&B is about so much more than the room, and David and Susan excel at customer service and providing a comfortable and warm atmosphere. Susan knew we had an early start our second day, and was kind enough to not only pack us breakfast, but lunch as well! We were so touched that she took the time to see to our needs. We loved our time in Edinburgh, and it was made just that much better by having such a comfortable place to stay! My husband was smitten by Scotland, and we look forward to returning to Sherwood House in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
edinburghsherwood, Manager at Sherwood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thanks for a lovely review. Its really great that our wee effort are appreciated. Come back anytime
best wishes Susan & Dave

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have just spent two nights at the Sherwood Guest House and cannot say enough good things about my stay. The room was wonderfully comfortable with a beautiful bathroom and amazing shower. There was a large variety of tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc. provided in the room and the fridge was an added bonus. The hosts were kind enough to provide a packed breakfast to accommodate an early start one morning but the breakfast provided in the dining room was great. Huge choice of cereal, fruit, yogurt, breads, cheeses and meats with additional bagels, crumpets, waffles offered as well. I would have no hesitation in booking this guest house again if I ever return to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SpiderMonkey2013
edinburghsherwood, Owner at Sherwood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for a lovely review. Please come back anytime. Susan & Dave

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful, friendly staff. Cozy rooms (complete with tea, coffee and kitkats!). Delicious varied breakfast. A great place to stay, 15min walk from the centre, quiet in the evening. Definately recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sarah374travel

Thank you for a lovely review. Please come back anytime. Susan & Dave

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a short city break to visit all the tourist attractions in Edinburgh. The b&b is around a 25 minute walk to the main attractions, however just outside is a bus stop with regular services. The greeting we received was warm and welcoming but not over baring. The room was quite small but everything you needed was in there. The drink and self service area in the bedroom had a fantastic selection with nice touches such as toffee's and biscuits. The only point to improve would possibly be modernising the bedroom - this is a personal taste point as the room was immaculately maintained. The breakfast was second to none with a fantastic selection. The croissants were the biggest I have seen. The hosts were again very tentive but not hovering. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this establishment. Thanks James & Sarah

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Chris S

Thank you for a lovely review. Sorry for taking so long to respond but it has been hectic of late. Please come back anytime. Susan & Dave