“Fantastic Hotel & The Staff make it” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel

Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel
Ranked #38 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Fantastic Hotel & The Staff make it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was our second stay at the Edinburgh Apex City. The staff are great and so attentive so keen to help you out, find you places that you are trying to locate, giving advice. The breakfast is really good with a lovely choice I'd be surprised if anyone struggled. Sadly I didnt try the pancakes.

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. My only disappointment was that there is no air conditioning which did leave me awake all night due to the heat in the room. Then I opened the window to let in some air and the noise was pretty noisy all night long from people going home after drinking. At one point there was a man urinating right outside our window (We were just at the side of the hotel). If you dont like noise a rear room would be better but you wouldnt get the lovely view of the castle.

Fantastic stay though overall thanks

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel may be quieter as the hotel is very central and it does stay noisy th...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jessoll
LisaCameronDGM, Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Jessol,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff and very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the variety of breakfast that we off. I have got to say that the pancakes and crispy bacon are my favourite. I do take on board your comments regarding the air conditioning and hopefully this is something that we might be addressing in the near future but I'm sure you appreciate that we very rarely need this in our climate. You are quite right in that the rooms at the back of the building are indeed very quite but you do miss out on the view.
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to the Apex City in the near future.
Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
TOWLAW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Love this hotel, great rooms excellent location.Not far away from Royal mile, Princes Street,although you are close to all the attractions, I find the location of this hotel tranquil. It has some excellent restaurants & bars on it'r doorstep. The breakfasts are excellent, loads of choice, Full Scottish lovely, last time I stayed I had the smoked haddock & poached egg really good. Hopefully I will stay hear again very soon :) I have stayed in this hotel 4 times, I really recommend it :)

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on the Apex City and I am pleased to see that we met your expectations again. I have passed over your positive comments regarding breakfast to our chef's, it's always great when guests take the time to tell us when we are doing things right.
Thank you again and hopefully we will see you in the near future.
King regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We booked this not really knowing Edinburgh. It was in a great location and we could walk everywhere so it saved us lots on transport. A wee bit noisy from outside but no more than you would expect for a city centre location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Peter B,

Thank you for your review and I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Apex City, hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Kiel, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

It is very good hotel. We are stay here with two children's. It was a comfortable rooms, very friendly personal and a good atmosphere inside. It also the swimming pool and gym that include in the price, but it in the neighbourhood hotel. Very good location. The manager with the glasses ( Sorry I didn't see the name) was very friendly and help to us a lot. Thanks...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Dima

Thank you for posting a very nice review following your recent stay at the Apex City hotel. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found Vinni, my duty Manager, to be helpful. I know he will be pleased you mentioned his name and I will make a point of passing him a copy of your review.

If you return to Edinburgh in the future I do hope you will come and stay with us again.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and found the rooms far too stuffy,should turn heat down, also staff not interested. breakfast good, but could be more veggie frielndly.
won't stay again prefer air con rooms and friendly staff.

Room Tip: a bit noisy and rooms over heated
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lynne b
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Lynne

I was very disappointed to read your recent review of the hotel. I am sorry you found your room warm. We have now turned the heating down to minimum levels as the weather appears to have improved. Of particular concern to me was your comment regarding my staff. If you have a look at the many reviews complimenting the friendliness of my staff you will, I'm sure, understand my concern that you did not receive the same level of service. If there was a particular member of staff that let me down I would be very interested to know. Should this be the case please be so kind as to drop me an e-mail with their name. My e-mail address is lindsay.sturrock@apexhotels.co.uk.

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback and I will make sure that my staff are aware of your review.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great service, great location, friendly helpful staff, breakfast was excellent and had good choices.
We ate in the hotel restaurant at night and the menu selection was very good. The room was clean and tidy and had a very comfortable sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the castle.
1 Thank Abduljalil B
Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving a positive review following your recent stay at the Apex City hotel. It was good to read that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant and found plenty of dishes to select from. I'm unsure whether you managed to sample our 2 for £30.00 menu offering the opportunity for two people to eat 3-courses for just £30.00? If not hopefully you will return in the near future and find the time to give it a try.

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a nice three night city break staying here. Conveniently sited hotel within minutes of the Royal Mile and most tourist attractions. Lovely, friendly staff who were only too happy to make our stay more comfortable. Our only grumble would have to be the rooms decor was perhaps a little slapdash (smears of paint on some varnished surfaces and glass) otherwise it was a great place to stay!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason P
Dear Jason

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay. I do appreciate your kind comments about my staff and will pass on your praise. I have also noted your comment regarding the painting smears in the bedroom you occupied. If you have a spare moment it would be very kind if you could drop me a quick e-mail advising which room you stayed in - that way I can ensure my Maintenance Manager carries out any remedial work required.

My e-mail address is lindsay.sturrock@apexhotels.co.uk and I look forward to hearing from you.